Eijah Craig small batch 12 year

Obree
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Recently I found an Elijah Craig small batch 12 year (so the predecessor to the current non-age stated small batch in a store, collecting dust there, guess it got overlooked) for a fair price of 39 EUR (currently about the same in USD, the newer small batch is usually between 36 and 50 EUR over here). Now I found out they have 2 or 3 bottles more, would it be worth spending the money and picking them up? Not sure to what extend this becomes a rarity?

Thanks!

Obree

• I like it 4

Wow! If I stumbled onto these I would certainly buy them all for that price! This was/is my all time favorite at MSRP.

I am very jealous as I only have 3 left in the bunker. Curious- is there a big red 12 on front label or is 12 years in label on the back?

• I like it 1

Thanks for the reply! It is the in-between version, with the 12 year statement on the back, think this was available only for a short period. Same store also has Weller SR for the same price, think I will pick that up as well even though I have an open one and one still untouched. It is a bit strange, as the rest of their bourbon offering is limited to the stuff we can even get regularly over here.

Where in Europe?  I saw some of that online in France.  But my "receiving person" in France is presently abroad.

In the Netherlands. They just ran out, I ordered it ;) Will keep a bottle to trade or so

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Obree said:

In the Netherlands. They just ran out, I ordered it ;) Will keep a bottle to trade or so

We think alike.

• I like it 1

It sounds like you pulled the trigger. I think you will be happy with your decision. That price is a bargain for a 12-year old age stated bourbon of known provenance and quality. Enjoy!

• I like it 3

• 2 weeks later...

Same happened to me a couple of years ago, found 3 bottles of 12-yr left in the back.  It was like drinking the current EC SB with a Werther's caramel in your mouth.  I th9nk you will enjoy them,

• I like it 2

Now there's a sweet Holiday present!    True dusties are a rarity these days,  and EC12 at 9r proof is a great one.   I love their current single barrel program at 94 proof;  I've seen 'em at 10 and even 11 years of age and they're well worth it.  But a batched 12 year?  Merry Christmas, sir!

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 1

Thanks! will open one soon, and see if it delivers! Just poured me a Whistle Pig 12 year old, see what that brings.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.