EU version of a bourbon haul

Obree
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Did a European version of a bourbon haul today! Went to Germany and visited one store, and picked up another few bottles at a colleague I use to send bottles to that German online sellers refuge to send outside of Germany. 

Picked up the following: 2 bottles of BT SB (Kirsch selection), New Riff SB Bourbon barrel strength, New Riff Straight Bourbon, New Riff SB Rye barrel strength, Sagamore Double oak, Sagamore Cask strength rye, Eagle rare (I ran out and it was cheap there), Angels Envy (relatively cheap so I decided to take it) and Bulleit barrel strength. Ordered that last one and in order to get free shipping I ordered a regular Bulleit with it). Nice harvest I think!

Image.jpeg

• I like it 11

Yep, nice variety and solid pours. Enjoy!

I was disappointed to see the Netherland team get knocked out today. A very solid side.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Yep, nice variety and solid pours. Enjoy!

I was disappointed to see the Netherland team get knocked out today. A very solid side.

Our old weakness, penalty series..... Good reason to open a bottle!

On 12/9/2022 at 12:58 PM, Clueby said:

That slightly shorter, fatter ER10 bottle is just weird to see.

I wish they would use a bottle like that here in the US.  While the tall slender bottle is pretty, it's too tall to fit in my liquor cabinet.  I don't like having a bunch of bottles spilling out onto the kitchen counter.  That's something that can attract a spouse's attention to your bourbon habit, lol. 

• I like it 3

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2022 at 2:58 PM, Clueby said:

That slightly shorter, fatter ER10 bottle is just weird to see.

I just saw this.  Yeah that is weird looking.  I guess that is a 700 ml size bottle...

• I like it 2

On 1/25/2023 at 3:48 AM, Kepler said:

I just saw this.  Yeah that is weird looking.  I guess that is a 700 ml size bottle...

Correct, 700 ml, the EU size, unfortunately!

3 hours ago, Obree said:

Correct, 700 ml, the EU size, unfortunately!

We used to see occasionally the 1.75 liter size ER bottle. 😵 It was probably the tallest bottle in any store.  It wouldn't fit most store shelves or home liquor cabinets.  I'm not even sure they still use that size anymore.  I haven't seen one in a long time.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

We used to see occasionally the 1.75 liter size ER bottle. 😵 It was probably the tallest bottle in any store.  It wouldn't fit most store shelves or home liquor cabinets.  I'm not even sure they still use that size anymore.  I haven't seen one in a long time.

Those giant handles of ER still pop up occasionally at BevMo in my area.  Priced at $56, it's a pretty good value.  But it's the most impractical shape bottle right after Willett Pot Still. 

• I like it 3

Those 1.75L ER bottles are crazy.  Willett also had a 1.75L version which was mind-blowingly impractical.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.