Two Worlds La Victoire First Edition

Obree
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have taken a gamble at an auction and won the bid for a bottle of Two Worlds LA Victoire First Edition. It was a gamble because I know nothing of this bourbon at all. Paid 80 Euro, total including auction costs and shipping is 122 Euro, about the same in USD currently. Does anyone in the community know this bourbon and have any thoughts on if I overpaid or have a good deal here?

TwoWorldsInBox.jpg

Found some more info digging through the web, seems it is easier to get this bourbon on this side of the pond then it is to get it in the US! Two worlds appears to be based in Paris (not the Kentucky one, the French one).

The La Victoire bourbon is a blend of a 14 year old straight bourbon, a 4 year old straight bourbon and a 5 year old straight bourbon, blended in a batch size of 11 barrels. Everything is done in the US, except for the bottling, this is done in France. So getting a bottle in the US is about the same challenge I have when trying to get a US bottle to the Netherlands.  Seems I have not done to bad in price, as the MSRP is 189 EUR, quite a pricey bottle. 

Back story on the name is the connection between La Fayette from France going to America to fight along with the American rebels, hence the two worlds. La Victoire was the ship he sailed to the States on. I think most of you in the US have a better understanding of that history, we usually do not get taught on that!

• I like it 2

The blend reminds me of what Bardstown Bourbon Company is doing with their Fusion series - younger and older whiskeys blended together.   Does it list the state or states of distillation?   (Perhaps not if this is an EU exclusive product)   The 14 - year bourbon is most likely Barton or Dickel - if the label says distilled in KY, then likely the former, or if that fact isn't mentioned then likely the latter.

• I like it 2

I will need to see if the bottle and case it comes in have any more info on the state of distillation. Source may be more difficult to find out but your suggestion is a good one!

19 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

The blend reminds me of what Bardstown Bourbon Company is doing with their Fusion series - younger and older whiskeys blended together.   Does it list the state or states of distillation?   (Perhaps not if this is an EU exclusive product)   The 14 - year bourbon is most likely Barton or Dickel - if the label says distilled in KY, then likely the former, or if that fact isn't mentioned then likely the latter.

Seems Binny's is selling this in the US at a price of 199 USD. They state it is from Kentucky indeed, so possibly Barton then?

7 hours ago, Obree said:

Seems Binny's is selling this in the US at a price of 199 USD. They state it is from Kentucky indeed, so possibly Barton then?

That seems likely, although what Binney's says isn't necessarily authoritative.    A lot of older Barton has found its way into NDP offerings lately (e.g., Calumet Farms. )  You should be able to tell (Barton vs. Dickel) with a sip - Barton is stone cold classic bourbon that evokes vanilla and pipe tobacco,  while Dickel has a distinct minerality that sets it apart from other bourbons (which I love).   

The unknown element is how much of the well-aged stuff is in this particular blend.  But even if younger bourbon makes up a good deal of the blend,  it may be worth the price you paid if the blender knows what he or she is doing.  

• I like it 2

While Barton is a good guess for a 14 year old sourced Kentucky bourbon, Heaven Hill and Jim Beam could also be likely sources.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.