Visited Willett Yesterday, and guess what I found . . . . .

Kyjd75
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A PAVED driveway!  Yep, that's right.  Willett has broken with tradition and finally paved (much to our chagrin) their formerly gravel driveway leading to their campus.  Totally understandable, but for those traditionalists (like the wife and myself) we were surprised.  Nonetheless, we still had a great visit at the Bar at Willett.  It was their last day open until Jan. 11.  As usual, food, drinks, service were all top-notch.

My wife protested her mock indignation at the paving to our regular server and all-around great guy, Jason.  "I demand to speak to the owner, right now," she said to Jason.  His reply was simply "no problem,  Mr. Evan Kulsveen is sitting at the table next to you.  Do you want me to get him for you?"  She decided to pass rather than actually bother Mr. Kulsveen, but it was a fun moment for Jason, for sure.  LOL!

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

My wife protested her mock indignation at the paving to our regular server and all-around great guy, Jason.  "I demand to speak to the owner, right now," she said to Jason.  His reply was simply "no problem,  Mr. Evan Kulsveen is sitting at the table next to you.  Do you want me to get him for you?"  She decided to pass rather than actually bother Mr. Kulsveen, but it was a fun moment for Jason, for sure.  LOL!

Ha! That's awesome.

When I was there back in mid November they were almost done with the paving.

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Ha! That's awesome.

When I was there back in mid November they were almost done with the paving.

The two $1,000 per bottle 19-year barrels they released last weekend paid for the driveway!  LOL

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.