New DSP numbers

Jazz June
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I compiled this because I am a giant nerd, but thought some of you might find it interesting. Here are newer DSP numbers (fifteen thousand and twenty thousand series) for Kentucky distilleries/facilities. A DSP can be for a bottling hall or possibly other non-still building, so some (especially the ones for the old majors) are not for an "actual" distillery. I also must caveat this with, I pulled this info from the Internet, so there certainly could be errors and I did actually find a few conflicting pieces of information, which I have resolved with my own best judgment. If you see an error or a DSP you know to be missing, please let me know.

DSP-KY-15000 Jackson Purchase

DSP-KY-15002 Diageo

DSP-KY-15004 Alltech / Town Branch

DSP-KY-15005 Barrel House Distilling Company

DSP-KY-15006 Corsair

DSP-KY-15007 Strong Spirits (bottler) / Backbone Bourbon Co.

DSP-KY-15010 MB Roland

DSP-KY-15014 Wild Turkey

DSP-KY-15018 Limestone Branch

DSP-KY-15019 Woodford Reserve

DSP-KY-15023 Brown-Forman

DSP-KY-20002 Three Boys Farm / Whiskey Thief

DSP-KY-20003 Michter's

DSP-KY-20004 Kentucky Artisan / Jefferson's / Coalition Whiskey

DSP-KY-20005 Wilderness Trail

DSP-KY-20006 Bluegrass Distilling

DSP-KY-20010 Boundary Oak

DSP-KY-20013 Dueling Grounds

DSP-KY-20014 Copper & Kings

DSP-KY-20016 New Riff

DSP-KY-20017 Glenn's Creek

DSP-KY-20018 Hartfield

DSP-KY-20022 Casey Jones

DSP-KY-20023 Green River (also DSP-KY-10?)

DSP-KY-20024 Angel's Envy

DSP-KY-20025 Kentucky Mountain Moonshine Distillery

DSP-KY-20026 Bulleit

DSP-KY-20028 Boone County

DSP-KY-20029 Sazerac - Glenmore

DSP-KY-20030 Sazerac - Barton

DSP-KY-20032 Boone County

DSP-KY-20035 Kentucky Mist

DSP-KY-20037 Bardstown Bourbon Company

DSP-KY-20038 Jeptha Creed

DSP-KY-20039 Neeley Family

DSP-KY-20040 Preservation

DSP-KY-20044 Preservation

DSP-KY-20045 Rabbit Hole

DSP-KY-20047 Lux Row

DSP-KY-20049 Dueling Barrels Brewery & Distillery

DSP-KY-20050 Barrell Craft Spirits

DSP-KY-20051 Coal Pick

DSP-KY-20054 AMBRABev

DSP-KY-20057 Old Pogue (also DSP-KY-3?)

DSP-KY-20058 Hummingbird Ridge

DSP-KY-20061 Baker-Bird

DSP-KY-20062 Brough Brothers Distillery

DSP-KY-20084 Diageo - Diageo Lebanon Distillery

DSP-KY-20085 Barrels & Billets Custom Bourbon

DSP-KY-20087 Augusta Distillery

DSP-KY-20096 Jackson Purchase

DSP-KY-20114 Fresh Bourbon Distilling

• I like it 4

14 hours ago, Jazz June said:

I compiled this because I am a giant nerd, but thought some of you might find it interesting. Here are newer DSP numbers (fifteen thousand and twenty thousand series) for Kentucky distilleries/facilities. A DSP can be for a bottling hall or possibly other non-still building, so some (especially the ones for the old majors) are not for an "actual" distillery. ...

Indeed, with Heaven Hill's bonded brands two different DSP numbers are listed.  One for distilling.  One for bottling.

Here are some I have been wondering about:

Fred B. Noe

Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse

Do these operate under DSP-KY-230? Beam already operates two separate major distilleries under one DSP (I don't totally understand how that is), so maybe these get that DSP as well? Anybody know?

Evan Williams Experience

They had barrels filled here, but I can't find in my notes whether they were DSP-KY-1 as well. I sure hope the new Heaven Hill Springs in Bardstown gets DSP-KY-31 back!

As noted above, does the current iteration of Old Pogue get DSP-KY-3?

• I like it 1

56 minutes ago, Jazz June said:

Here are some I have been wondering about:

Fred B. Noe

Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse

Do these operate under DSP-KY-230? Beam already operates two separate major distilleries under one DSP (I don't totally understand how that is), so maybe these get that DSP as well? Anybody know?

Evan Williams Experience

They had barrels filled here, but I can't find in my notes whether they were DSP-KY-1 as well. I sure hope the new Heaven Hill Springs in Bardstown gets DSP-KY-31 back!

As noted above, does the current iteration of Old Pogue get DSP-KY-3?

Heaven Hill bottles in Bardstown so they never gave up #31.

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, flahute said:

Heaven Hill bottles in Bardstown so they never gave up #31.

Right, I shouldn't have said "back." I just meant I hope the new distillery is also DSP-KY-31. I have not found a clear source for the rules on DSPs, so not sure under what conditions you can use the same DSP on two buildings. Obviously most distilleries distill and bottle under one DSP, but again, not sure if building a completely new distillery would preclude that.

40 minutes ago, Jazz June said:

Right, I shouldn't have said "back." I just meant I hope the new distillery is also DSP-KY-31. I have not found a clear source for the rules on DSPs, so not sure under what conditions you can use the same DSP on two buildings. Obviously most distilleries distill and bottle under one DSP, but again, not sure if building a completely new distillery would preclude that.

Multiple buildings with multiple different uses can all be part of the same distilled spirits plant so I don't see any reason why they can't still be #31 as it's been in continuous use. 

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Multiple buildings with multiple different uses can all be part of the same distilled spirits plant so I don't see any reason why they can't still be #31 as it's been in continuous use. 

But, what if the buildings are on distinctly separate properties?  
I don’t know, but does Cox’s Creek have a separate DSP than Lawrenceburg in 4R’s case?  Not sure if this is best example of above, but it’s all I got right now!  LOL!!

10 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

But, what if the buildings are on distinctly separate properties?  
I don’t know, but does Cox’s Creek have a separate DSP than Lawrenceburg in 4R’s case?  Not sure if this is best example of above, but it’s all I got right now!  LOL!!

Yes - if on two separate properties I think you need different DSP's. I remember that little distillery in Northern Ohio needing two because of that. That said, Four Roses has two different DSP's in Lawrenceburg but I can't find one for Cox's Creek. Go figure.

Jim Beam operates its Clermont distillery and the Booker Noe distillery in Boston under the same DSP (230). Not just different properties, different cities/towns. The rules on restarting or moving DSPs are also not so clear it seems. Much like other TTB regulations, I wonder how closely this stuff is enforced. 

Edited by Jazz June
Left a word out…

Alright, if I'm going to nerd out on this, I suppose I have to look up the statute and regulation.

27 CFR §19.53 - Continuity of plant premises

As a general rule, the premises of a distilled spirits plant must be continuous except for separations by public waterways, roads, or carrier rights-of-way. However, the appropriate TTB officer may approve the registration of the plant where there are separations of the plant premises and all parts of the plant are in the same general location if:

(a) There is no jeopardy to revenue caused by the separation of premises; and

(b) The separation of premises does not create administrative problems for TTB.

However:

26 USC §5178(a)(1)(C) Premises of distilled spirits plants

Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter relating to distilled spirits plants the Secretary may approve the location, construction, arrangement, and method of operation of any establishment which was qualified to operate on the date preceding the effective date of this section if he deems that such location, construction, arrangement, and method of operation will afford adequate security to the revenue.

Statute trumps regulation.

According to Google Maps, the two Beam facilities are 11.6 miles apart.

• I like it 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, Jazz June! To answer your question about DSP #3, for The Old Pogue Bourbon Distillery. We were originally assigned the DSP # 15002, when we re-opened our distillery, in 2004. In 2012, we obtained our original DSP number, that was assigned to our distillery, in 1876. Therefore, we now have the DSP # 3. I hope this answers your question. 

Edited by Mary Pogue

14 hours ago, Mary Pogue said:

Hi, Jazz June! To answer your question about DSP #3, for The Old Pogue Bourbon Distillery. We were originally assigned the DSP # 15002, when we re-opened our distillery, in 2004. In 2012, we obtained our original DSP number, that was assigned to our distillery, in 1876. Therefore, we now have the DSP # 3. I hope this answers your question. 

Thanks for answering. Is DSP-15002 now with Diageo or is that incorrect?

Whoops...that was a typo. The original DSP number that was assigned is 15012 (not, 15002). Sorry about that!! As far a what DSP numbers Diageo has... I am not sure. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.