Michter's bottle condensation

Bourbon Scout
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have 2 bottles of Michters, 1- Sour Mash and 1- Bourbon, both have condensation in the necks, both open with a couple-3 pours.

I have 35-40 other bottles and 1/2 are  open crystal clear and dry.

What's up with that?

8 hours ago, Bourbon Scout said:

I have 2 bottles of Michters, 1- Sour Mash and 1- Bourbon, both have condensation in the necks, both open with a couple-3 pours.

I have 35-40 other bottles and 1/2 are  open crystal clear and dry.

What's up with that?

I've seen that before.   It can probably be attributed to temperature changes, thickness of the glass, etc.  Maybe the glass is/was a little cooler than the whiskey inside and that may have caused.  I've seen that, occasionally.  It's nothing to be concerned about and will not affect the quality of the whiskey.   

• I like it 1

I have the same happen regularly.  Two bottles of Turkey get neck condensation when almost nothing else does.  I wouldn't worry about it. 

That condensation in the neck is intentional.  By design, this condensation is injected into the bottle just prior to capping the newly filled bottle, resulting in a slow water drip into the top part of the bottles contents and thus lessening and even eliminating the impact of a poor “neck pour” experience.  No more need to dump the neck pour!  (Appropriate Emojis needed…LOL)

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

That condensation in the neck is intentional.  By design, this condensation is injected into the bottle just prior to capping the newly filled bottle, resulting in a slow water drip into the top part of the bottles contents and thus lessening and even eliminating the impact of a poor “neck pour” experience.  No more need to dump the neck pour!  (Appropriate Emojis needed…LOL)

😂🤣😂

I was going to say, drink faster!😎

I usually see this in stores when bottles are sitting somewhat near HVAC vents

Edited by Kepler

16 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

That condensation in the neck is intentional.  By design, this condensation is injected into the bottle just prior to capping the newly filled bottle, resulting in a slow water drip into the top part of the bottles contents and thus lessening and even eliminating the impact of a poor “neck pour” experience.  No more need to dump the neck pour!  (Appropriatemojis needed…LOL)

LOL

Can I buy a bridge from you:?

• I like it 2

I see this occasionally in a variety of bottles (so not a brand or proof specific thing) and have yet to determine a common reason for why it happens. I have some right now in a RRSiB bottle.

Here's a picture for reference.  None of my other bottles do it.  Just struck me as odd as I have never seen it before.

20230131_170341.thumb.jpg.d28708fd2f8fe013c4da50d810278c29.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.