Sazerac Sued for Whiskey-Flavored Non-Whiskey

IamMatt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This MI attorney discusses interesting lawsuits and legal topics on his YouTube channel.  This popped up in my feed.

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, IamMatt said:

This MI attorney discusses interesting lawsuits and legal topics on his YouTube channel.  This popped up in my feed.

Apparently, the little airplane bottles of Fireball don’t contain whiskey, or their contents are not the same as the 750ml bottle and there’s no clear labeling to such effect. Thus the lawyers swoop in for a payday claiming fraud, false and deceptive advertising etc. 

14 hours ago, IamMatt said:

His office is about a mile from a more infamous attorney, Geoffrey Fieger.  30+ years ago I lived a couple of mile from there. The original Pancake House across the street from Fieger Law is fantastic.

Steve Lehto has been doing interesting videos for several years.

Col. Cowdery's blog seemed to indicate that there IS a difference between those "airplane" bottles and the larger ones.   I've never looked at any Fireball bottles up close, so can't render an actual opinion.    I will  say this: the big distillers have some pretty high octane legal beagles on staff, so I wouldn't bet this 'lawsuit' nets more than a nuisance payout, if any at all.

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

I will  say this: the big distillers have some pretty high octane legal beagles on staff, so I wouldn't bet this 'lawsuit' nets more than a nuisance payout, if any at all.

They do but they can definitely be defeated. My friend went up against them when he defended Castle & Key for having Col. Taylor's namesake literally carved in stone on their distillery and for referencing the history and he won.

• I like it 1

These kinds of ridiculous lawsuits get filed all the time and are ginned up by plaintiff's lawyers. Not enough cereal in the box, Subway footlong isn't a foot long, too much ice the iced-coffee,  a 4x4 isn't exactly 4x4, and on and on. I haven't seen the Fireball lawsuit, but it's pretty easy to spot the problem here, which is there are likely minimal-to-no monetary or other damages. I mean how many airplane bottles of Fireball can one purchase? And if the plaintiff wants to make it a class action, how many people can they find who actually kept their Fireball airplane bottle purchase receipts and want to take the trouble to sign up for a lawsuit to get their $2.99 back? Probably none. I dont see this having much traction. This lawsuit is a nuisance to Saz and will be treated as such. Saz will make a nuisance settlementt to make it go away with an agreement to change its labeling.  It's a racket and the plaintiff's lawyers always get paid first as part of the settlement. 

Sazarac shouldn’t worry too much, as most of the potential plaintiffs are underaged, and not willing or eligible to participate, lest their parents find out…😂😂

• I like it 5

I remember several years ago, Sazerac got called out for the content of propylene glycol in Fireball.  They had to reformulate the recipe to sell in Europe (no propylene glycol).

All that fake flavored swill 🤢🤮  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.