Corrupt Liquor Regulators

jvd99
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The executive director and other top officials of Oregon’s liquor regulating agency abused their positions to siphon off bottles of PVW23 and other collectible bourbons for themselves. Although they paid for the bottles, their actions violated ethical standards because they abused their official government offices for personal gain and deprived the public their opportunity to not get any of these bottles anyways. 

http://executive director and other top officials of Oregon’s liquor and marijuana regulating agency their jobs.

As we all know, its a pretty common occurrence that the people who control allocated bourbon just about anywhere in the three tier system often abuse their power to profit from these products, keep them for themselves or steer them to family, friends or LS employees, so this story isn’t too surprising.  

• I like it 4

I think many suspected this type of stuff is going on in control states, but here's an actual case. There are allocated products that Virginia gets a fair bit of that don't ever seem to be sold, in stores or in lotteries. Where does it go? I've always assumed a good bit went to the connected in Richmond.

• I like it 1

I can't say I'm surprised.  I bet some of those people don't even drink the stuff.  Probably just flip it on the black market, or use it to bargain for favors from other corrupt people.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.