Buffalo Trace's second still comes online

Jazz June
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Here's the press release: https://www.breakingbourbon.com/bourbon-whiskey-press-releases/buffalo-trace-distillery-dedicates-new-stillhouse-and-unveils-expanded-tours?fbclid=IwAR0Ri0IKSwLInHR6cOffMH7Q9e-ijEU7tf_fL6DvGPj4CyXSQ0fNWFKEyFo

It says that production will double. I guess there will be a lot more BT products in 6 or so years, but will they catch up to demand?

9 hours ago, Jazz June said:

Here's the press release: https://www.breakingbourbon.com/bourbon-whiskey-press-releases/buffalo-trace-distillery-dedicates-new-stillhouse-and-unveils-expanded-tours?fbclid=IwAR0Ri0IKSwLInHR6cOffMH7Q9e-ijEU7tf_fL6DvGPj4CyXSQ0fNWFKEyFo

It says that production will double. I guess there will be a lot more BT products in 6 or so years, but will they catch up to demand?

...Or... Will the "bubble" (if it actually exists) burst and BT will be forced to dump a heluva lot of Bourbon onto the market . . . igniting another "Bourbon Glut" like back 40-years ago?   Polish up those those crystal balls, folx!

20 hours ago, Jazz June said:

That's the million dollar question.  Chuck Cowdery has always maintained that it will depend on how market demand projections of the China & India markets pan out.  To paraphrase, if those projections were overestimated, then there will be plenty of bourbon.  If those projections turn out to be correct, and India & China demand develops as forecast, then even with all the distillery expansion projects, nobody will have made near enough.

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

That's the million dollar question.  Chuck Cowdery has always maintained that it will depend on how market demand projections of the China & India markets pan out.  To paraphrase, if those projections were overestimated, then there will be plenty of bourbon.  If those projections turn out to be correct, and India & China demand develops as forecast, then even with all the distillery expansion projects, nobody will have made near enough.

If you count what they consider whiskey, India is the largest whiskey market in the world, but fairly protectionist by my understanding. So I wonder how successful American whiskey will be there. Not sure on Chinese trade policy with regards to whiskey, but the money is certainly there to buy a lot of higher end stuff.

• I like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd just like to see anything on the shelf. Its been a BT desert in Chicago for years.

On 3/2/2023 at 12:32 PM, jvd99 said:

I'd just like to see anything on the shelf. Its been a BT desert in Chicago for years.

Earlier today, I saw a 1.75 liter of BT Bourbon on a shelf <$40.  That and Benchmark are the only BT whiskies we can regularly get.  If you ever pass by Indianapolis...  Weller or mash bill #2 brands forget about it.  Even if I did see one of those (and won't), I couldn't pay the new MSRP (or more) and look myself in the mirror - for what they are.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.