Looking for a great Tracking / Inventory spreadsheet

Alex Dryden
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Looking for a great Tracking / Inventory spreadsheet to inventory and keep track of all my Bourbon collection?  Des anyone have a good  one?

40 minutes ago, Alex Dryden said:

Looking for a great Tracking / Inventory spreadsheet to inventory and keep track of all my Bourbon collection?  Des anyone have a good  one?

cellartracker.com has a system for wine cellars that might work for you.  I haven't used it so I can't vouch for how good it is; I only used Cellartracker to look up and post wine reviews. 

• I like it 2

Being serious and not snarky, I made my own spreadsheet(s) using Microsoft Excel. That way I could have the number of columns that I wanted, and could also title them as I saw fit.

• I like it 3

46 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Being serious and not snarky, I made my own spreadsheet(s) using Microsoft Excel. That way I could have the number of columns that I wanted, and could also title them as I saw fit.

Ditto.

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Ditto.

I have been using the one I made from excel as well - Just looking to see if there was a "Cooler looking" and one with more functionality that I have not thought of 🙂

• I like it 1

49 minutes ago, Alex Dryden said:

I have been using the one I made from excel as well - Just looking to see if there was a "Cooler looking" and one with more functionality that I have not thought of

It was a fair question. 

I tried cellar tracker.  Works better for one.  Almost all of them are included in its reportoire.  Not so with liquor.  Also, in my case, I tend to have bourbon in a lot of different locations as people gather it for me.  XL is better that way.

• I like it 2

Paper and pencil has worked pretty well for centuries.  Or, if you want to get “cooler looking”, go with a leather bound journal and fountain pen!  

Your friend,

image.png.01d9da68495a3ba0bf12d6b6af4d3f2c.png

• I like it 2

On 3/13/2023 at 10:21 AM, fosmith said:

cellartracker.com has a system for wine cellars that might work for you.  I haven't used it so I can't vouch for how good it is; I only used Cellartracker to look up and post wine reviews. 

This is what I use to keep track of all the liquor and wine I have.  Over the years, I've made it a habit to update as I buy and consume (remembering to mark as consumed is the hard part after a night of drinking haha).  I've been pretty diligent putting in my purchase price and store I purchased from too though so it's been pretty useful tool.  Suprisingly, alot of liquors and wines already have entries on there so you can just add from the existing database.  For some of the smaller releases/ store picks, you may have to input the data yourself though which isn't too bad.  You can also export your data into excel if you need it in a spreadsheet.

Edited by apt43bear
  • I like it 1

On 3/14/2023 at 4:38 AM, Anwalt said:

It was a fair question. 

I tried cellar tracker.  Works better for one.  Almost all of them are included in its reportoire.  Not so with liquor.  Also, in my case, I tend to have bourbon in a lot of different locations as people gather it for me.  XL is better that way.

Celler tracker allows you to sort by location. We do this with our wine so we know which rack to go to since we have several.

• I like it 2

On 3/17/2023 at 4:11 PM, flahute said:

Celler tracker allows you to sort by location.

Hmmm. I'll have to revisit.  I missed that feature.  Tech incompetence is the likely explanation.

• I like it 1

On 3/17/2023 at 4:11 PM, flahute said:

Celler tracker allows you to sort by location. We do this with our wine so we know which rack to go to since we have several.

I keep about 5 bottles of wine along with a couple of six packs for guests in the garage refrigerator.  Easier to track that way.  😛

I do occasionally scratch off the "born on" dates on the beer bottles to keep things fresh.  😉  Maybe this should have been posted in the "Pro Tips" thread.

• I like it 1

Try the WhiskeyShelf app.  It allows you to scan the bottle barcode with your phone to add bottles to your inventory.  

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.