Whiskey House of Kentucky construction update

Kyjd75

I previously posted about the announcement of a new distillery being constructed in Elizabethtown by some of the folks formerly associated with Bardstown Bourbon Company.  The distillery is located in the Elizabethtown Industrial Park, which is located in the southwest portion of Eizabethtown.  I noted that this site is only about 6/10 of a mile from my house in Lakewood subdivision in neighboring Cecilia.  Here is a video showing current construction status.  At the 0.04-.08 mark you will see woods behind the distillery.  My house is just on the other side of those woods.  Hoping these guys have a restaurant that is equal to BBC!  Here is the video link:  

Edited by Kyjd75
  • I like it 1

Thanx for that vid, Kyjd75!   It's really going to happen, eh?!!    More whiskey!   And, for y'all; right in your backyard!     

My son Gary and I have a lunch on the schedule for the BBC when we're down in B'town on Saturday, April 29th.   We, along with some others will be down for the last weekend of April as planned.     Many of us are staying at the Best Western (Old General Nelson) in B'town.    Gary and I will be around the place most of time from Thursday afternoon through Sunday morning.    Stop by and say; 'Hi!'.    I'm petty sure there will some Bourbon available.... Ha!

• I like it 1

Appears that it is really happening.  The City of Elizabethtown issued $320 million in industrial revenue bonds to finance the project.  You guys need to drive over and take a look if you have the time while in Kentucky.  Just continue on down US 62 through E'town and you will come to the construction site about 4 miles outside of the city proper.  From what I understand expect 7 or 8 rickhouses in the initial construction phase.

Edited by Kyjd75

Worth the trip for John O's store picks.  OK, my sample size is "3" so far.  But all 3 were really good (ECBP, 4R, KC).

• 5 months later...