I've Never Heard of a Distillery Being Closed on a Monday

Davesnothere
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's kind of like a dump being closed on Thanksgiving !.😁

I had to go to Indianapolis this week for business, so I decided I would drive instead of fly. That way I could make a few stops in Kentucky. I did a search on the Google and found a couple of distilleries close by to the interstate. Turns out Jim Beam and four roses are closed on Mondays and tuesdays. But fortunately Heaven Hill was open so I was able to stop in there. They didn't have anything terribly interesting on the shelves at the gift shop but I did buy a t-shirt.

Anyway, I'll swing by Jim Beam and four roses on my way home.

20230410_160406.jpg

20230410_152115.jpg

• I like it 1

I assume their biggest days as far as the Bourbon tourism trade (giftshop) are Saturday and Sunday.    I imagine that in order to give the folx that staff those gift shops a day or two to spend with family or otherwise relax, the gift shops close for a day or two right after that busy weekend.    I suppose it also allows 'em time to re-stock, check inventory, plan for the upcoming week, etc.    It can be a damned inconvenience, I know.    I encountered it myself, and been disappointed; but, became wiser, and eventually philosophical about it.

• I like it 3

33 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

I assume their biggest days as far as the Bourbon tourism trade (giftshop) are Saturday and Sunday.    I imagine that in order to give the folx that staff those gift shops a day or two to spend with family or otherwise relax, the gift shops close for a day or two right after that busy weekend.    I suppose it also allows 'em time to re-stock, check inventory, plan for the upcoming week, etc.    It can be a damned inconvenience, I know.    I encountered it myself, and been disappointed; but, became wiser, and eventually philosophical about it.

I guess I gotten spoiled living so close to Jack daniels, they're open 7 days a week, only closed on Christmas Easter Thanksgiving etc. 

We take a random trip over there during the week just to see what they've got in the gift shop.

• I like it 2

I don't live near enough to any distillery to know, but most of the wineries around us in Virginia started closing on Mondays over the past few years.  Some are also closed on Tuesdays, too.  For those of us retied people looking to do things during the week, you have to make sure you now plan ahead!

Pretty sure Willett is only open Wednesday through Saturday.  I know this is the situation with their Bar/restaurant/gift shop and I assume the same for their tours, etc.  Although much smaller than the big boys mentioned above, the trend is the same.  This could change once the tourism season goes into full swing but at least for the early months of the year this is the schedule they are on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.