Bourbon is a Fickel Mistress...

bayouredd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Often I forget bourbon is alcohol!!!

I get so wrapped up in the enjoyment of flavors that I am not ready to get blitzed and don't want to stop the pours. Alas, the buzz creeps in and stops the tasting and enjoyment giving way to the decision of 'enough'.

Well I guess it's supper time; damn... 😋

• I like it 8

2 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Often I forget bourbon is alcohol!!!

I get so wrapped up in the enjoyment of flavors that I am not ready to get blitzed and don't want to stop the pours. Alas, the buzz creeps in and stops the tasting and enjoyment giving way to the decision of 'enough'.

Well I guess it's supper time; damn... 😋

So, if you enjoy two different bourbons in the same evening, is that considered two separate mistresses or a menage a trois?  Asking for a friend.  😜

• I like it 4

Uh, I been there a lot.  Usually with me, it is the NEXT morning when I realize/recognize I sipped too many the night before.

• I like it 3

Ahh, yes.   With the dawn often comes wisdom.   Though that wisdom pretty much always turns out to be only a temporary set-back. HA!

• I like it 3

12 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

So, if you enjoy two different bourbons in the same evening, is that considered two separate mistresses or a menage a trois?  Asking for a friend.  😜

We'll go with menage, then we are in bragging territory!!! 😁

11 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Uh, I been there a lot.  Usually with me, it is the NEXT morning when I realize/recognize I sipped too many the night before.

Luckily bourbon seems to be the only thing that gives me no overhang. Hic!!! 🤢

4 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Ahh, yes.   With the dawn often comes wisdom.   Though that wisdom pretty much always turns out to be only a temporary set-back. HA!

No wisdom involved here, that would be too confining... 🤪

• I like it 4

I feel your pain.  I have wished for a pill that would eliminate the affects of the alcohol so I could continue drinking some delicious elixir or other.

The only relief I have gotten has come from bottles with particularly enjoyable noses.  Instead of drinking I will just nose the glass and take enjoyment that way.  This has allowed me o nose every few minutes and stretch out the sips to every 10-15 minutes. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.