Jump to content

Jim Beam 100 Month Old Ducks Unlimited (Value???)


Danzel777

Recommended Posts

Hi All, 

       I would appreciate some help. I recently was able to pick up a full, unopened (Paper Seal Unbroken) bottle of 100 Month Old Jim Beam Ducks Unlimited "Canvasback" Kentucky Straight Bourbon. I see a lot of the decanters (empty) for sale online for around $60-$80, but I was wondering if anyone had any information on the Bourbon itself and the value of the unopened bottle as it sits now. The bottle has no damage whatsoever and all the labels are in tact and undamaged for the most part.

 

What would this bottle (in it's full condition - unopened) be worth?

PXL_20230503_211313143.jpg

PXL_20230503_211327007.jpg

PXL_20230503_211309600.jpg

PXL_20230503_211305308.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want it. Ducks are my favorite animal, name your price lol.

 

Honestly, I have no idea what it’s worth. Check on auction sites or Google, this site isn’t for selling.

 

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even though sales are prohibited on this site.  I will give you $5 and post a review.  You have to pay shipping.  Let me know. 

 

Signed,

 

Cheap Bastard  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Even though sales are prohibited on this site.  I will give you $5 and post a review.  You have to pay shipping.  Let me know. 

 

Signed,

 

Cheap Bastard  

He is cheap.

I will give you $5.25 and post a review.

You still have to pay shipping.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

C'mon man.  Don't snipe me.  I would share a pour.  Of course, you would have to pay shipping. 

  • I like it 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Grab some friends, then open, share, and enjoy. Pretty good juice. 😎

 

 

P1110076.jpeg

P1040849.jpeg

P1040706.jpeg

  • I like it 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assume the Bourbon, as it was originally bottled would be a decent-if-not-special pour; but, be aware that many of these old decanters can be leaching lead into the Bourbon over the years.   Might be a little dangerous to drink....?

Could be a better "museum piece".    Just put it where it can be seen . . . and see it!

  • I like it 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a similar Old Crow ceramic decanter,  from the seventies and with whiskey and seal intact.   I've never gotten around to opening it, assuming the bourbon would be suffused with musty ceramic taint.   I found that to be the case several years ago when I opened a ceramic from Michter's Jug House.   Some of the last hooch that Dick Stoll ever distilled at Michter's .   it's hard to describe how disappointed I was that the whiskey was ruined.

 

Ceramics look great on the bar,  but glass is the proper vessel for whiskey.

  • I like it 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

I assume the Bourbon, as it was originally bottled would be a decent-if-not-special pour; but, be aware that many of these old decanters can be leaching lead into the Bourbon over the years.   Might be a little dangerous to drink....?

Could be a better "museum piece".    Just put it where it can be seen . . . and see it!

My thoughts exactly.

These ceramic containers weren't meant for long term storage, and given the era in which it was made, may have a lead based glaze.  You could have it tested, but that would cost some money.  At best contents of decanter questionable.

It is a cool object of art to display.

You could check Ebay to see what people are paying for empties.  Beam made a lot of different ones back in the day.  They tend to hang around, show up at garage sales and second hand stores.

  • I like it 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Joe's fish decanters, particularly the catfish.

 

I have to add some decanters are painted glass, not ceramic, so no worries about lead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

I like Joe's fish decanters, particularly the catfish.

 

I have to add some decanters are painted glass, not ceramic, so no worries about lead.


I got a couple of mine from a truck driver that did parts pick ups where I used to work. The bass and catfish were both unopened. They cost me $25.00 each.  IIRC, I decanted one and brought it to share at one of our get togethers in Bardstown. 

  • I like it 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have this one.  It ain't Beam, but it's pretty cool. It's at least 1/2 full, but I'm not going to to try it. It was my Father-in-law's.  I'm guessing it was from 1976.  

20230504_134300.jpg

20230504_134315.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beam produced millions? Of decanters commemorating just about everything in order to try to sell bourbon that nobody wanted.  I’ve tasted various iterations and most are just ok.  Nothing memorable, different than what’s on offer today, sure, but rarely even very good.  The decanters may be leaded which may or may not be a concern based on what you read and your tolerance for risk.  Storage conditions are always a concern.  I suggest opening it and comparing to modern Beam.  Fishing for valuation really isn’t what this place is about.

  • I like it 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, berto said:

 Fishing for valuation really isn’t what this place is about.

Technically wouldn’t it be “”hunting” considering the species of the decanter?😁

  • I like it 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, markandrex said:

Technically wouldn’t it be “”hunting” considering the species of the decanter?😁

Reminds me of a buddy that I used to work with who is an avid deer hunter.  Every deer season someone would inevitably ask him "did you catch one?"  For a few years he tried to explain that you don't really "catch" them.  Then he migrated to annoyed eye rolls in response.  After a few years he started responding with something like "We sure did!  With out rifle nets.  Then we pet him, took pictures, then set him free."  I miss that guy.  😀

  • I like it 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2023 at 6:26 AM, BigRich said:

Reminds me of a buddy that I used to work with who is an avid deer hunter.  Every deer season someone would inevitably ask him "did you catch one?"  For a few years he tried to explain that you don't really "catch" them.  Then he migrated to annoyed eye rolls in response.  After a few years he started responding with something like "We sure did!  With out rifle nets.  Then we pet him, took pictures, then set him free."  I miss that guy.  😀

🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.