Another visit to Willett . . .

Kyjd75
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I almost hate to post this, as I am afraid you are getting tired of my Willett posts.  But here goes one more.  Today my wife and I visited the Bar at Willett to celebrate Mother's Day.  Our son is in the US Navy currently assigned to Guam, so obviously he couldn't be with us.  We arrived at Willett around 2pm and the place was buzzing.  Very busy.  We were promptly seated and began to enoy our visit.  Besides the usual ambience, great service and general good times that Willett offers, we did have a couple of unexpected surprises.  First, after we finished our food items, Jason informed us that our desert was on the house, so cheese cake it was.  Delicious, to say the least.  And then Andy sent over a pour from an old bottler of Weller 107!  Also on the house.  totally unexpected and certainly not asked for.  If anyone wonders why we go to the Bar at Willett as often as we do, you have your answer.  Wonderful people and service.  It was a great afternoon.  Photos:

IMG_4416.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

• I like it 10

2 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

I almost hate to post this, as I am afraid you are getting tired of my Willett posts.  But here goes one more.  Today my wife and I visited the Bar at Willett to celebrate Mother's Day.  Our son is in the US Navy currently assigned to Guam, so obviously he couldn't be with us.  We arrived at Willett around 2pm and the place was buzzing.  Very busy.  We were promptly seated and began to enoy our visit.  Besides the usual ambience, great service and general good times that Willett offers, we did have a couple of unexpected surprises.  First, after we finished our food items, Jason informed us that our desert was on the house, so cheese cake it was.  Delicious, to say the least.  And then Andy sent over a pour from an old bottler of Weller 107!  Also on the house.  totally unexpected and certainly not asked for.  If anyone wonders why we go to the Bar at Willett as often as we do, you have your answer.  Wonderful people and service.  It was a great afternoon.  Photos:

IMG_4416.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

Very nice. Thanks for posting. This is inspiring me to bring my wife of 47 years on a similar visit. One of these days. 

Pat

• I like it 1

I never get tired of your posts! I love that place and have had so many great experiences there myself.

• I like it 1

I joined this forum to hear about people enjoying and discussing whiskey. I'll never get tired of your willett posts, just like I hope to hear joe has had a weller tonight.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.