Knob Creek 7 Year

Thomm
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone had the new age stated Knob Creek 7 Year old Rye?  From what I understand, its mashbill is Kentucky rye style, or just enough rye to qualify. 

I have had one bottle of Knob Creek Rye, unstated age, and had no problem finishing it in a timely fashion.  My questions mainly are these: What was the average age of KC Rye before this iteration?  Is the difference in barrel aging significant between KC Rye and KC 7 Rye (e.g. 4 years vs 7 years)?

I have looked online for reviews, but most of them vaguely discuss the vanilla and leather and other typical whiskey blah blah stuff.  It looks to have an approachable price, at $46 a liter.  

Anyone Beamish enough to have some info?  Oh, and unrelated--Why does my autocorrect always default to the contraction "it's" when I want the possessive "its"?  This is why kids these days don't know anything. 

I do not know the answers to any of your questions, Thomm.   I have one of my own for you.  What is 'autocorrect'?

This sounds like a possible boon for my one (slightly) useful typing finger.   ...Maybe.

• I like it 1

I just saw this the other day and have the same questions. It seems most of their single barrel options were younger, more like 6 years old and below.

Regardless, the fact that they brought the age statement back is fantastic and I couldn’t be happier.

• I like it 1

On 5/29/2023 at 8:26 PM, Richnimrod said:

I do not know the answers to any of your questions, Thomm.   I have one of my own for you.  What is 'autocorrect'?

This sounds like a possible boon for my one (slightly) useful typing finger.   ...Maybe.

Autocorrect is when your phone (or whatever device you are using to communicate internettedly) automatically corrects your incorrect or inadvertently ham-thumbdedly spelled words. 

6 hours ago, Thomm said:

Autocorrect is when your phone (or whatever device you are using to communicate internettedly) automatically corrects your incorrect or inadvertently ham-thumbdedly spelled words. 

Well then...

My computer (I own no cellular phones) does not seem to do this.   That's unfortunate indeed, as my aforementioned 'one semi-useful typing finger' is pretty 'fat' and quite often misses or hits multiple keys in spite of my best efforts to avoid these issues.   I do usually find most (some?) of the mistakes and correct them after "proof-reading".   But, this process is rather more laborious even than typing with one poorly coordinated finger.   

I suppose I shall live in envy of you "autocorrect folx" until someone teaches me how to 'turn on' the autocorrect . . . if my outdated computer does indeed have such a function.    I'll ask my son about it.   He'll likely know.

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Well then...

My computer (I own no cellular phones) does not seem to do this.   That's unfortunate indeed, as my aforementioned 'one semi-useful typing finger' is pretty 'fat' and quite often misses or hits multiple keys in spite of my best efforts to avoid these issues.   I do usually find most (some?) of the mistakes and correct them after "proof-reading".   But, this process is rather more laborious even than typing with one poorly coordinated finger.   

I suppose I shall live in envy of you "autocorrect folx" until someone teaches me how to 'turn on' the autocorrect . . . if my outdated computer does indeed have such a function.    I'll ask my son about it.   He'll likely know.

I think your computer's autocorrect gave up years ago :lol: But happy to show you on mine whenever y'all visit, or whenever I'm back up north!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, GaryT said:

I think your computer's autocorrect gave up years ago :lol: But happy to show you on mine whenever y'all visit, or whenever I'm back up north!

HA-HAaaa!    Yeah, it probably just couldn't fight that losing battle any longer, eh?   In truth, ya' know; I can't blame it.   I strive (well, kinda, anyway) for a clean job; but, ordinarily wind up with about one screw-up every other word.

Oh, well... I'm retired, so I have time on my hands.   I never envisioned so much of it being spent behind a keyboard, though.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.