Larceny Barrel Proof B523

Thomm

Anybody had this yet?  I was searching Meijer stores in the Indianapolis area and found it in stock at the Southport Rd location. $52.99. I will be traveling through that area soon, but I don't expect it will last that long on the shelves at that price. If you're local to Indy, do me a solid and hide one behind the regular stuff😁

• I like it 2

Okay, that lasted exactly one day. It is now listed as "out of stock." I have to say one thing for Meijer, I have found that they keep accurate tabs on what is available and what is not. 

Maybe if you didn't broadcast the exact location on an internet bourbon lover's site?  Just a thought...

• I like it 5

• 4 weeks later...

It's a solid pour.  Someone gifted my wife a bottle of this recently thinking she was a bourbon enthusiast (she is not).  She told me to feel free to give it a try, which I have done.  A little hot to my taste, but easily tamed with a bit of water.  Easily worth $52, imho.

The B523 lives up to the hype, IMO.  I tried it next to A120 (which was delicious, BTW) and it just has an extra dimension of richness, depth and complexity compared to that one, and other batches I've had.  I'm a LBP fanboy and the B523 is the best batch I've had so far.  And, yes, a bit of water really makes it sing, which I generally find with LBP. 

• I like it 1