What is the highest price that you've paid for a bottle of bourbon or rye whiskey?

Skinsfan1311

I started a similar topic in the "Premium Bourbons/Specialty Bottlings" thread, and figured that it's also appropriate in the General Bourbon thread too.*

Not all expensive bottles are necessarily premium or a specialty bottling.  It could be something that's hard to find and/or a whiskey that you love so much, that you just have to have it , price be damned!

The most that I've paid, (and I'm almost ashamed to admit it.....being so damn cheap and all), is $750.00     Details below.....

So......what's the most money that you have ever shelled out for a bottle of bourbon or rye whiskey?

* Mods, if you consider this a duplicate topic, please feel free to delete this with extreme prejudice😁

55 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Are you a shell for my wife?😬

Not sure what that means.....but if it's a good thing, then  "yes"   If it's a bad thing, then "no"  :ph34r:

I do know that Mrs. Skinsfan is quite the enabler.  She actually talked me into buying the bottle, because I was waffling, big time 😄

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

Are you a shell for my wife?😬

It was supposed to be shill, dang autocorrect!

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Not sure what that means.....but if it's a good thing, then  "yes"   If it's a bad thing, then "no"  :ph34r:

I do know that Mrs. Skinsfan is quite the enabler.  She actually talked me into buying the bottle, because I was waffling, big time 😄

She deserves a pour but from cheaper bottle. 😀  Nah, she deserves a pour of this when you open it. 😎

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

She deserves a pour but from cheaper bottle. 😀  Nah, she deserves a pour of this when you open it. 😎

Absolutely.    

She only has the occasional drink and, when she does, it's only top-shelf.     She prefers rye but I have a feeling that she'll make an exception for this one 😅

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, markandrex said:

It was supposed to be shill, dang autocorrect!

Otto correct ant speel chech  reely suks. I tri knot too hews them.

• I like it 4