What are you drinking FROM 2023?

fosmith

I often see YouTube videos or photos posted to Facebook groups that have cool looking glasses that I would like to try but I don't know what they are called.  The one here is used a lot by Matt on his ADHD Whiskey YouTube videos and I always wanted to know what it was.  I think the proportions are more visually appealing than the Glencairn.  I saw it posted in a Facebook and commented asking what it was.  The author kindly replied that it is a Viski Footed Crystal Scotch Glass so I ordered a couple from Amazon.  I tried it out yesterday and really like it. 

So, do you have an interesting glass that you drink spirits from that you can share?

Viski Footed Crystal Scotch Glass.jpg

• I like it 1

On 6/28/2023 at 5:14 PM, fosmith said:

I often see YouTube videos or photos posted to Facebook groups that have cool looking glasses that I would like to try but I don't know what they are called.  The one here is used a lot by Matt on his ADHD Whiskey YouTube videos and I always wanted to know what it was.  I think the proportions are more visually appealing than the Glencairn.  I saw it posted in a Facebook and commented asking what it was.  The author kindly replied that it is a Viski Footed Crystal Scotch Glass so I ordered a couple from Amazon.  I tried it out yesterday and really like it. 

So, do you have an interesting glass that you drink spirits from that you can share?

Viski Footed Crystal Scotch Glass.jpg

I have a pair of whiskey glasses that look like that one.  I got them off Amazon a few years ago and they were called Joyjolt glasses.  Sort of an angular version of the glencairn, a little bit larger in size.

I do most of my sipping from glencairns.  But I have others.  The Aged & Ore glass is a good design.  It's not a very high quality execution but the shape and size is well thought out.

And I have a few other nice ones I really like, such as the norlan "Rauk" tumbler.  It's solid as a, "rauk"?  haha

My absolute favorite glass for a quality pour is the cut crystal glengairn.  Snazzy.

Edited by Kepler

I am a simple man and a Cheap Bastard.  I don't need no fancy glasses.  

images.jpg

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 11

27 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

images.jpg

What?!?  I was just sure you drank from a red solo cup :lol:

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, Kepler said:

What?!?  I was just sure you drank from a red solo cup :lol:

It broke.  😪

istockphoto-1326538506-612x612.jpg

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

images.jpg

The bag is a nice touch.  Not just for Ripple.

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

images.jpg

Hahaha....

Don't sell yourself short! You aren't A Cheap Bastard; you are "THE" Cheap Bastard...🎯

• I like it 1

• 4 months later...

You can tell it was a good night the night before when these are the glasses waiting to be washed.

20231105_093709.jpg

• I like it 6

16 hours ago, Clueby said:

You can tell it was a good night the night before when these are the glasses waiting to be washed.

20231105_093709.jpg

🤣

That's the method that I use to keep track of how many pours that I've had.   I rarely use the same glass twice, unless I'm drinking a high-proofer over a large cube and not all of the ice has melted...

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

🤣

That's the method that I use to keep track of how many pours that I've had.   I rarely use the same glass twice, unless I'm drinking a high-proofer over a large cube and not all of the ice has melted...

They weren't all just ME!!

• I like it 1

This is a Simon Pearce glencarin, I forget the actual style name.  It looks like a standard glencarin but is at least twice as thick.  They are heft!y!  No fears when washing these.   My wife bought them for me for Christmas a few years ago.  

image.jpg

• I like it 3

VESL glass.  Very cool but not cheap at $60 each.  A nice birthday present from my wife.  At a glance, they look like they would be quite fragile but the glass is over a mm thick so quite sturdy.  Into the dishwasher with no qualms.. 

98 cardinat.jpg

• I like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

The glass was gifted by a friend of mine who lives across the street from the distillery.

She bought me my first bottle of New Riff, shortly after they opened.

They've been a staple on our bar ever since...

20231203_164238.jpg

• I like it 2

• 3 weeks later...

I received a pair of these last night for hosting a party.  They are hand blown Simon Pearce whiskey glasses.

IMG_1183.jpeg

• I like it 4

20 hours ago, markandrex said:

I received a pair of these last night for hosting a party.  They are hand blown Simon Pearce whiskey glasses.

That looks great!  I bet it feels great in the hand too..

• I like it 1

Not a whiskey glass, but Mrssmokinjoe again continued a tradition established by my late oldest brother back in 1980.  This year’s Budweiser Christmas Stein.  Always a highlight to receive each Christmas.  I broke it in, today!

45525DEF-3246-421D-8AA1-937105C2CEA6.jpeg

• I like it 4