BIG DAY for Heaven Hill: 60 ft Tall New Still Installed at $200M+ New Bardstown Production Site

fishnbowljoe

Good news for the privately-owned, one-time-producer-of-top-quality-reasonably-priced-Bourbon, and (maybe...probably) for us Bourbon aficionados.   Though the firm (family) hasn't quite been the beacon of reasonable price it once was, the industry hasn't exactly given 'em any reason to be so.   HH's bottom/mid-shelf offerings continue to offer fine choices at what seems at least close to reasonable amid the myriad of alternative labels often of lesser quality at similar (and often higher) cost.

Good For HH!  ...And the "Fam".   ...And, us!   (And, the State of Kentucky!)

Edited by Richnimrod
Oooops almost forgot The Motherland.

Is this still modeled on the one at the Old Heaven Hill Springs or New Bernheim? Or are they going in a new direction? Not that a new still can exactly mimic an old one, but many distilleries seem to try.

You can see provisions in the steel framework for the addition of 2 more stills. I wonder how long it will be until they are added?

Also, I'm sure the Cox's Creek facility on Rt 150 will see even more warehouses. And there are warehouses being built across the road. They are easier to see when going north than south.  Anyone know who they belong to?

On 9/1/2023 at 8:05 PM, PaulO said:

So will this be the new DSP 31 distillery, or get a different number.

It should keep the number as it's still active due to the bottling facility being there all this time.

• I like it 1