2015 Elmer T Lee

JDub

I'm new to this forum but love the content. I was hoping someone may be able to help me. I have a bottle of 2015 Elmer T. Lee...I know there is a series that suffers from cork taint. Does anyone know where I would find the number range that my bottle has? I can't seem to find one anywhere. Thanks so much! 

Thanks so much for that! 

I guess I don't know how to tell if my bottle falls in the number range. I can't find any numbers on the bottle. 

When you open it up and have a pour, please let us know how it tastes. Good luck. 🤞

4 hours ago, JDub said:

Thanks so much for that! 

I guess I don't know how to tell if my bottle falls in the number range. I can't find any numbers on the bottle. 

Look for a very small laser code near the bottom of the bottle sides.   It will start with the characters "B15" if it was bottled in 2015.

I have no idea what the range is that had cork taint, but I can vouch that cork taint was real with ETL because I tasted one myself from a drinking buddy that had a bottle. I think it was 2015 but it could have been 2016, not sure.

Btw welcome to SB.  I hope you stick around to contribute to the site with your feedback. 

Edited by Kepler
spelling

On 9/8/2023 at 8:43 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

When you open it up and have a pour, please let us know how it tastes. Good luck. 🤞

Maybe it is me.  I enjoyed pre-2015 Blantons, AAA 10 year (even at 86 proof), Rock Hill Farms.  But, the only ETL I thought was stellar was the commerative version at 93 proof.   I don't recall if it came out in 2013 or 2014 but I slurped down two bottles and gave one away in the SB.com Fantasy Football League.  I hope you enjoyed it @jvd99 because I pretty sure the bottle went to you.  Now I see it is worth more than 4 times what I paid for my first car in 1978.  I would still pick my first car over the best bottle of ETL that I have ever had.  Does that make me anti-tater?  Oh wait, I don't want to offend taters.  They are free to pay whatever they want for anything except for the things that Cheap Bastard likes. Flippers, well they are a..holes and I am fine with offending them.

• I like it 4

12 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Maybe it is me.  I enjoyed pre-2015 Blantons, AAA 10 year (even at 86 proof), Rock Hill Farms.  But, the only ETL I thought was stellar was the commerative version at 93 proof.   I don't recall if it came out in 2013 or 2014 but I slurped down two bottles and gave one away in the SB.com Fantasy Football League.  I hope you enjoyed it @jvd99 because I pretty sure the bottle went to you.  Now I see it is worth more than 4 times what I paid for my first car in 1978.  I would still pick my first car over the best bottle of ETL that I have ever had.  Does that make me anti-tater?  Oh wait, I don't want to offend taters.  They are free to pay whatever they want for anything except for the things that Cheap Bastard likes. Flippers, well they are a..holes and I am fine with offending them.

That bottle was drank long ago. I have tons of bottles that are worth 5x, 10x, 20x what I paid for them. Could care less, because I have neither the motivation nor the inclination to sell anything I've bunkered.  I also throw away most packaging so I can store bottles more efficiently. I'm sure that affects the price somehow, but again, dont care. 

• I like it 3