Old Crow 1975 at local dive bar

Jazz Nut

So I live in the Minneapolis area and was checking out a friends band at a local dive bar (The Terminal Bar) in Northeast Minneapolis.  The bar has been around for ages, and they were recently cleaning the basement and found some sealed older bottles--well it was my lucky day, as they had a ~1975 (I forget exact year, but it was 70s) Old Crow 86 proof KSBW!!  The best part is the bottle had just been opened, and the bartender was selling it for $5/shot.  There was also a tax stamped Canadian whiskey as well as a blended Kentucky bourbon (assuming with grain alcohol).  The Canadian was pretty good, but the Old Crow had life, caramel, baking spices, and a medium finish.  Certainly worth the $5 tariff, and a fun experience!

IMG_6945.jpeg

• I like it 11

35 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Nice!!!! Very good juice.

It was my first true dusty!  It really was.  Almost too easy to drink (still did have the 86 proof, after a few pours!)

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, Jazz Nut said:

So I live in the Minneapolis area and was checking out a friends band at a local dive bar (The Terminal Bar) in Northeast Minneapolis.  The bar has been around for ages, and they were recently cleaning the basement and found some sealed older bottles--well it was my lucky day, as they had a ~1975 (I forget exact year, but it was 70s) Old Crow 86 proof KSBW!!  The best part is the bottle had just been opened, and the bartender was selling it for $5/shot.  There was also a tax stamped Canadian whiskey as well as a blended Kentucky bourbon (assuming with grain alcohol).  The Canadian was pretty good, but the Old Crow had life, caramel, baking spices, and a medium finish.  Certainly worth the $5 tariff, and a fun experience!

IMG_6945.jpeg

From when the brand first came out, until Beam bought it, Old Crow was a top shelf brand.

I'd be tempted to ask the bartender if they'd give you the empty when they're done.

The good old days? Hard to believe this was almost 15 years ago. 🥺

P1020517.thumb.jpeg.977f034ed4266d0b01743d16a6c06a34.jpeg

• I like it 8