History on this bourban

Karl Falk

Value???   It's a pretty subjective question.    If one intends to monetize it, this is probably the wrong forum to explore its "value".   

I'm sure there are forums that encourage speculation regarding rare old whiskey and other spirits.   I'm not sure you'll find help here, if trade/cash possibilities are what you seek.

Personally, I'd be more interested in its intrinsic 'value'.   How does the aroma seem?   How about it's attributes when sipped?   Is it rich and full?   ...Or thin and one-dimensional?

• I like it 1

Welcome to SB, Karl.  The date of the 60s sounds plausible based on the look of the bottle and certain features.  Probably distilled by Schenley in Louisville based on the brands history and the Louisville on the label.  The label has travelled around to various owners.  I’m pretty sure Heaven Hill owns the label now, but is not producing it currently.  Below is a link to a discussion on Echo Spring from the SB archives.  Sounds like there may be another discussion in here.  I’ll see if I can root it up.  Browsing through these archives is a great way to be entertained and learn stuff.  As to value, you might contact an auction house (like Skinners), which are adept at providing accurate valuations to rare spirits.

https://www.straightbourbon.com/community/topic/4630-echo-spring/

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Welcome to SB, Karl.  The date of the 60s sounds plausible based on the look of the bottle and certain features.  Probably distilled by Schenley in Louisville based on the brands history and the Louisville on the label.  The label has travelled around to various owners.  I’m pretty sure Heaven Hill owns the label now, but is not producing it currently.  Below is a link to a discussion on Echo Spring from the SB archives.  Sounds like there may be another discussion in here.  I’ll see if I can root it up.  Browsing through these archives is a great way to be entertained and learn stuff.  As to value, you might contact an auction house (like Skinners), which are adept at providing accurate valuations to rare spirits.

https://www.straightbourbon.com/community/topic/4630-echo-spring/

Thanks for sharing.  That history is pretty crazy.  And, yes, I had to Google the ads. 😎

One pint size bottle, tax strip across the top, and no UPC code - all together place the age back no later than late 1970s (could be older).

This was inexpensive, bottom shelf stuff from back then.  It's still neat to find unopened.  I don't predict collectors or connoisseurs will be offering big bucks.    

Being a "senior member" based solely on age I can tell you this was bottom of the barrel $2 pint ages ago. Today's description would be a hot mess. However it really brings back old paint that you might have in the garage. Ratio should be 1/2 pint per gallon. Best to use a filter once mixed, and you can pick up a paper filter at home depot or lowes. I wouldn't waste it on cheap paint. 

• I like it 4