Happy Thanksgiving 2023!

scratchline

Wishing all a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!   Hope your feasts abound in love and cheer! 

Old whiskey, new grill.

IMG_2019.thumb.jpg.2c068599f8ddcb131e23abdb9887c259.jpgIMG_2021.thumb.jpg.d34bdbdecb7ecc9c029fad2501fd6dda.jpg

• I like it 7

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just my wife, I, and our youngest son so we opted for my wife's lasagna.  She hasn't made it in years.  It was spectacular.  We can have turkey and ham any day.  Her lasagna is the best.  

Followed up with a sizable pour of Alberta Premium Cask Strength Rye.  After finishing the pour, I noticed my hearing was dimmer.  Now, enjoying a smaller but still sizable pour of ECBP 9 year 131 proof.  My vision seems to be fading.  Soon, I will be a deaf dumb blind kid but I sure play mean pinball.  I am a Pinball Wizard.  How do you think he does it?  I don't know. 😜😀😎

• I like it 6

Today I opened my 375ml bottle of Rare Breed batch 99.  Fantastic.  Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

20231123_193411.thumb.jpg.34f11c211979ee6c7d5c5ecc0b718e9f.jpg

• I like it 17

I hope all had the opportunity to enjoy the gifts of family food and fun.     We gave thanx in the traditional way of course .   A generous pour of WT101!

We did the best we could at the old homestead.   The baby boy was absent; but the rest of closest parts of the clan shared in the feast.

• I like it 7

My turkey and dressing turned out the best ever.  I cooked the full spread.  We had our family (me, wife, and son) plus my mother in law, wife's brother, and a friend of his whose family lives far away.

Wife is real impressed with me now.

I got the extra food put away and all the pots and pans washed too.  In time to turn on the SF vs. SEA game.  I went for leftovers at half time, my word.  😋

Now my reward, a little VOB 100.

• I like it 9

8 hours ago, PaulO said:

My turkey and dressing turned out the best ever.  I cooked the full spread.  We had our family (me, wife, and son) plus my mother in law, wife's brother, and a friend of his whose family lives far away.

Wife is real impressed with me now.

I got the extra food put away and all the pots and pans washed too.  In time to turn on the SF vs. SEA game.  I went for leftovers at half time, my word.  😋

Now my reward, a little VOB 100.

Well, then!   Two thoughts, PaulO...

One: Yer Wifey may now EXPECT you to perform on demand from now on.   ...And, that doesn't mean what you wish it means....

Two: Yer making the rest of us look bad, Dude!  (...Or at least making ME look bad. HA!)   

But, in my defense I have inherited an unfortunate gene that prevents me from successfully cooking family meals in my Wifey's kitchen.   It can be traced back to Neanderthal days, when a person didn't take chances with his life, mostly because the odds were rarely better than 50-50.   She lets me cook game for myself and others that wish to partake, and in those endeavors, I do fine.   But, mess with her events?  Uh-Uhhhh!

• I like it 1

WT Rare Breed Bourbon and Rye yesterday during a great Thanksgiving Day with Family.  Weather was great which allowed a full day of back patio sittin’ with cigars, a fire, appetizers, drinks, and football on the TV.  Smoked two 8 lb bone in Turkey breasts which came out perfect for dinner.  Relaxed back after the family left with the late game by the fire.

Despite all of that, I’m not afraid to admit that watching a 77 year old Dolly Parton absolutely rock a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader outfit may have been the days most spectacular event…🤪

0BF65D02-C78C-446F-B260-BC544E38988C.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 7