Unicorn hunt

Brion

I am looking for a bottle of Fairfax County Bourbon.  I stumbled across this site after finding a thread from 2005.  I grew up in Reston, went fishing in a lake right by the distillery growing up.  I always wanted a bottle of their bourbon, then in 1988 they moved away!  I had even held a bottle once upon a time, but due to divorce that bottle is now in the rear view.  It would just be cool to see that old school label again, and finally sip it's contents.  Help!  Thank you!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Edited by Brion

Hi Brion,

I hate to see a post go unanswered.  Anyway, if you have to have an unopened bottle from the 1980s or earlier, I suggest you contact some auction sites that handle liquor.  Most likely the only way something like this would come available would be an estate sale.  The brand you look for is not so well known, and not something widely pursued.

The good news is the A. Smith Bowman has been up and running in Fairfax Co. for years.  Their products have quite a few fans on this site.  You shouldn't have much trouble finding a bottle.

I'll add, the Virginia Gentleman brand is in current production.  I don't think it is in widespread distribution across the U.S.  Only available in certain markets.  I was surprised to find it in one store in Indianapolis.  Curiosity got the better of me.  It has a cool label.  The Bourbon is only 80 proof.  It's a mild pour.