What BEER are you drinking in 2024:

MTNBourbon

Happy New Year!

Having a very tasty American Strong Ale, 14.7%, dark fruit complex, bourbon/oak, chocolate/toffee, licorice, cinnamon, vanilla.

Cheers!

20240101_162911.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Coming inside from the cold, to enjoy one of my favorite porters.  When it’s Porter season for me, I look for Deschutes Black Butte Porter.  That’s my fave, but hard to find in my area.  But, Bell’s never disappoints.

B52CD854-B76F-410C-AB35-EE4B5C0ADF99.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

Porter Season continues.  Asheville, NC is a great beer town.  And, Highland makes some great beer.  

74625F82-DE15-4F11-95FB-819A738A9EE3.jpeg

• I like it 1

Founder’s carries on the Porter Season.  

A79E0F68-D2C9-4CB9-846E-A140F0DE48DB.jpeg

• I like it 1

I saw this on another site, and thought it was worth posting.

Green Street Pub & Eatery

In honor of Toby Keith, we will be serving all of our 16 oz draft beers in Red Solo Cups today!

Thank you for the memories Toby. We hope you rest in peace.

IMG_5743.thumb.jpeg.3a091745879e9e33673920a0d51dc17f.jpeg

• I like it 2

More Porter.  Pretty sure I’ve never had this one.  We’ll see how she stacks up.  

9BF18A13-A109-453E-ADDF-F38E1562A3AB.jpeg

Finally was able to locate my Gold Standard of Porters.  Going down nicely after hauling some stuff up into the attic.  

4888A865-C7B8-4BB1-AE37-67E0165AD467.jpeg

• I like it 2

Paulaner Munchner Lager

Goes great with the salad, pizza, and wings!

It’s Millah time!!
OK, so I have some skills around the house when it comes to creation/building, and fix-it projects.  These don’t include electric and plumbing, however.  Primarily, because failure can be catastrophically bad…😵‍💫.  Like, there are people who have trained for zillions of hours learning to do these things correctly, to prevent catastrophe.  But, today I threw caution to the wind 🤣 and replaced the gasket between the tank and bowl of our downstairs toilet, because it was leaking…🤪

Nerve Wracking…

Seriously, I was as meticulous and nervous as the next guy setting the O-rings on the next booster rocket after Challenger….  

First test flush…..no leaks.

MILLAH TIME!!

I’ll wait until Mrssmokinjoe gets home to do the second test flush…😂.  Because if it fails then…it ain’t MY fault!  🤣🤣🤣

7937EE52-A84D-44A4-9F9D-E052903C08D2.jpeg

• I like it 2

I’ve had Green Man IPA before, but it’s been awhile.  I don’t remember liking it as much as I do right now.  Big fluffy head, and a  very nice velvety Hoppiness, that’s not over tart.  It’s really great, and hitting the spot after a very laborious 4 day week.  

22BBDBDA-1B5E-41FE-AF80-541F11A5C903.jpeg

Earlier in the evening, I had Sam Adams Octoberfest with dinner. I typically stockpile Octoberfest beers and enjoy them into the next spring. 

Cheers

• I like it 3

15 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Earlier in the evening, I had Sam Adams Octoberfest with dinner. I typically stockpile Octoberfest beers and enjoy them into the next spring. 

Cheers

The German style lagers cellar very well. I prefer the Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest.

32 minutes ago, Special Reserve said:

The German style lagers cellar very well. I prefer the Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest.

That is a great Oktoberfest beer!  One of my favorites, but unavailable in Georgia.  BOOOOOOO!  Most years I am somewhere, where I can pick up some.  But, shtuff prevented that this year.  😩

Next year!!!! 🤣🤣

• I like it 1

43 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

That is a great Oktoberfest beer!  One of my favorites, but unavailable in Georgia.  BOOOOOOO!  Most years I am somewhere, where I can pick up some.  But, shtuff prevented that this year.  😩

Next year!!!! 🤣🤣

Their Christmas Ale is also an excellent beer that ages well.

• I like it 1

Back to Porters!  

2A82811C-7F2B-4A7A-9B34-6E44BBF6CE36.jpeg

• I like it 3

I had a couple Paulaners Hefeweizen with some hot wings for dinner.

• I like it 2

Working on knocking out some of my stout collection before summer season.

This ‘19 is very nice.

IMG_8532.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 2/25/2024 at 2:08 PM, smokinjoe said:

Back to Porters!  

2A82811C-7F2B-4A7A-9B34-6E44BBF6CE36.jpeg

Can't even read Edmund Fitzgerald without hearing that 12 string intro

Not a beer guy, but do enjoy a nice Guinness this time of year.  Felt apt for a dreary rainy Tuesday in Georgia (and a just reward for surviving the idiot drivers!)

IMG_20240305_180438.thumb.jpg.4385c2c543de8fbcffa4c9607c07001f.jpg

Just now, GaryT said:

Can't even read Edmund Fitzgerald without hearing that 12 string intro

Not a beer guy, but do enjoy a nice Guinness this time of year.  Felt apt for a dreary rainy Tuesday in Georgia (and a just reward for surviving the idiot drivers!)

IMG_20240305_180438.thumb.jpg.4385c2c543de8fbcffa4c9607c07001f.jpg

Can’t even read Edmund Fitzgerald without remembering you and I serenading a massively drunk GBS crew with the song at 3AM…🤣🤣

I had me first Guinness of the Season, yesterday!  👍🏻 ☘️ 

28B92D6A-FCB6-4935-8A71-37FC9BB7A153.jpeg

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Can’t even read Edmund Fitzgerald without remembering you and I serenading a massively drunk GBS crew with the song at 3AM…🤣🤣

I had me first Guinness of the Season, yesterday!  👍🏻 ☘️ 

28B92D6A-FCB6-4935-8A71-37FC9BB7A153.jpeg

I do tear up a bit at that memory (and sad at how many of them didn't know the words . . .  what's WRONG with these people?!) 🤣

16 minutes ago, GaryT said:

I do tear up a bit at that memory (and sad at how many of them didn't know the words . . .  what's WRONG with these people?!) 🤣

Exactly!  They’re obviously rubes! 😂

Enjoying a Great Lakes Oktoberfest. I found a 12 pack in the odds and ends section in the favorite PS cooler. Of course, I got a big discount on this well aged beer. Really, I'm a bargain hunter.

Just got done working in the yard this afternoon.  Time for a beer while I see what my dog is up to in the back yard.

20240309_175935.thumb.jpg.2c9498b7285f415804ead517140beed9.jpg

• I like it 1