What BEER are you drinking in 2024:

MTNBourbon

36 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Bock beer can be really good.

Agreed.  I'm no beer expert but there are several bocks that I really like. 

E.g., I've never found a beer that goes better with good barbeque than Shiner Bock.  If y'all have never had a Shiner Bock with a good beef brisket or pork ribs, you haven't lived!  🤣

• I like it 1

Spaten and some of the other Bavarian breweries come out with Maibock or lighter colored higher gravity bock beers in the spring.  😍

• I like it 2

19 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Spaten and some of the other Bavarian breweries come out with Maibock or lighter colored higher gravity bock beers in the spring.  😍

I should look out for these more.  I'll keep an eye open for new Spaten releases at Spec's, the best beer source here in Texas.

7 hours ago, PaulO said:

Maibock style beer is very hard to find. It's another German style beer being pushed aside by the IPA craze, unfortunately. Years ago a local Detroit brewer had a great Maibock but it got pushed out of the line up in favor of yet another IPA brew. 

• I like it 1

Out front on a beautiful afternoon listening to college basketball conference tournaments on the radio with a St. Paddy’s appropriate Murphy’s stout.  🏀 ☘️ 

4A45C6E8-A1AD-44E5-AB65-B25E88102141.jpeg

• I like it 1

Happy St Patrick's day.

This is a black & tan, but it sure doesn't look like one. 

I'll show myself out...

20240317_144543.thumb.jpg.b252b9c8dad5fe42c37a879d0ab695c0.jpg

It’s turned into kind of a dreary and rainy Friday afternoon, but the Stone Enjoy By 04.20.24 Hazy IPA is a bright and juicy fix to that!  

198A69D1-965D-4C88-AAD4-EF880B04F4F0.jpeg

Listening to NCAA Basketball out front with a New Realm Hazy Like a Fox hazy IPA.  It’s nice, but after the Stone EB04.20.24, it really doesn’t match up.  

EDFA0AD5-87CE-4E0E-9753-856074AE6C61.jpeg

I’m on a bit of a Hazy IPA run, lately.  Creature Comforts Hazy IPA yesterday and today with Braves on the radio.

513BFD10-1E76-4698-A1B0-99D4672E8B3D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

More Hazy IPAs.  SweetWater’s this afternoon while relaxing out front.  

IMG_5084.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Getting ready for the puck drop😬

GO CAPS!!!🏒🏒🏒🏒

20240421_150452.jpg

Wicked Weed Perni Haze Hazy IPA to whet my whistle this Monday.  

IMG_5112.jpeg

Just fair to middlin’.

IMG_5116.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Ice cold cerveza after cutting the grass here on Cinco de Mayo.

IMG_5146.jpeg

• I like it 1

Spent three days at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami for the Formula 1 Miami Grand Prix. 85 and sunny everyday with Florida humidity so I drank nothing but this and the regular Heineken all three days. 

IMG_2677.jpeg

• I like it 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

It poured rain this morning, now the Sun’s out and it’s getting Hot and Humid.  This Bud Light Lime is perfect at this moment.  Very thirst quenching.  It went very fast…🤪

IMG_5254.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe

On 5/8/2024 at 9:22 PM, flahute said:

Spent three days at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami for the Formula 1 Miami Grand Prix. 85 and sunny everyday with Florida humidity so I drank nothing but this and the regular Heineken all three days. 

IMG_2677.jpeg

Nice view!

I bought a 4-pack of this back in 2020 and I drink one a year to see how it evolves.

This is the last one.  As the label states, it ages well.

Very well.

20240524_213136.jpg

• I like it 2

Sorry, folks, but I don't drink beer. Can't stand the taste of it.  

My floor in my first college dorm was known as the "Alcoholic" floor.   The slightest excuse for a "Kegger" would result in one showing up in our floor lounge. They were experts at playing 'Thumper."  

Having participated in one of those Thumper parties, and dealing with the results of it, I decided "Not again." I also had issues with how the longe smelled after one of those parties was done (i.e. the "morning after.").    It caused some

issues with me and my floor mates (the pressure to participate was great).  Eventually, we came to a compromise. During the Winter quarter, instead of a Kegger, we'd play for shots of one's favorite Schnapps or Cordial. Mine was "Grand Marnier."  So I played those versions and, eventually, they always let me use Grand Marnier shots instead of having to chug a beer. 

But no, I never did enjoy the taste of beer.  And, to this day, I don't.

5 hours ago, aquavite said:

Sorry, folks, but I don't drink beer. Can't stand the taste of it.  

My floor in my first college dorm was known as the "Alcoholic" floor.   The slightest excuse for a "Kegger" would result in one showing up in our floor lounge. They were experts at playing 'Thumper."  

Having participated in one of those Thumper parties, and dealing with the results of it, I decided "Not again." I also had issues with how the longe smelled after one of those parties was done (i.e. the "morning after.").    It caused some

issues with me and my floor mates (the pressure to participate was great).  Eventually, we came to a compromise. During the Winter quarter, instead of a Kegger, we'd play for shots of one's favorite Schnapps or Cordial. Mine was "Grand Marnier."  So I played those versions and, eventually, they always let me use Grand Marnier shots instead of having to chug a beer. 

But no, I never did enjoy the taste of beer.  And, to this day, I don't.

I developed a taste for beer long before college.  I didn't drink much underage (basically only in the presence of my parents or grandparents) but I always loved the taste of beer that my dad let me sip. 

I could see that if someone's first exposure to beer was at a college "kegger" then sure I could understand how that could go down the wrong path. That's understandable.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Kepler said:

I developed a taste for beer long before college.  I didn't drink much underage (basically only in the presence of my parents or grandparents) but I always loved the taste of beer that my dad let me sip. 

I could see that if someone's first exposure to beer was at a college "kegger" then sure I could understand how that could go down the wrong path. That's understandable.

Well, TBH, my first "exposure" was not college.  I was raised as a young child by my uncle, and he was a beer drinker, so I'd get sips from him. among other things. Oddly enough, his father was a rep at "National Distilleries." for a time,  so there were always a ton of bottles in the house.  Oddly enough, this was were I first learned of "Old Grand Dad."   It was also my first taste of Rye. 

I recall, very early, one  Xmas morning.  It was around 1am. just before "Santa" made his appearance.  I sang in my Church Choir. There were actually two choirs separated by gender (Shudders to think what it would be like now). 😜 The "Men & Boys" choir would handle the "Xmas Eve" service at 11pm and the ladies, the Xmas Morning service at 9am.  Anyway, as my Uncle drove me home at 1am from one of the Xmas eve services,  he felt I'd reserved a reward for performing well at the service.  So he poured a 1/4 shot of Gin.    Wasn't bad. And Gin is one of the few "high proof" spirits I can drink without much risk of a migraine.  I just prefer the taste of Bourbon/Scotch etc.

But I digress.   I was already aware of the taste of beer, before college, but I think what really turned me off of it was the "bombardment" of all those keggers and the resultant migraines that were triggered.

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

It poured rain this morning, now the Sun’s out and it’s getting Hot and Humid.  This Bud Light Lime is perfect at this moment.  Very thirst quenching.  It went very fast…🤪

IMG_5254.jpeg

This is a pretty epic post. Your “beer range” is remarkable. Don’t tell your Oktoberfest beers they share the same fridge as BL Lime! 😀

18 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I bought a 4-pack of this back in 2020 and I drink one a year to see how it evolves.

This is the last one.  As the label states, it ages well.

Very well.

20240524_213136.jpg

I love 120 minute.  Personally, I find this one better the more fresh it is, but I'm probably in the minority on that.

56 minutes ago, MM818 said:

This is a pretty epic post. Your “beer range” is remarkable. Don’t tell your Oktoberfest beers they share the same fridge as BL Lime! 😀

Heehee!  I know, right!  They might dis-own me!  🤪.