What Water of Life/Scotch are drinking or purchased 2024 ?

Kepler

On 4/22/2024 at 7:25 PM, jvd99 said:

Opened a dusty from the bunker - Balvenie 17 year sherry cask - of course the cork broke - a perfect opportunity to try Mrs.jvd99's X-Mas present, a broken cork remover which I saw someone use on SB - welp, it didn't work, just pushed the cork in - so I  I went manual and got one of my old Weller 107 bottles, a small funnel and a strainer and decanted into the Weller bottle, then back into the original bottle - found an old Balvenie cork (thanks again SB for advice to collect corks for this specific situation) but it didn't fit, but found a Springbank cork that fit - all good. This is a spectacular dram after all said and done!

IMG_6884.thumb.jpeg.c3e69f02d3c5c88bb6cd533f2c8f099b.jpeg IMG_6885.thumb.jpeg.6402695e76156b5bed244b5e9bd6c4b6.jpeg

The color on this one looks amazing.   Never met a Balvenie I didn't like.

On 4/22/2024 at 8:31 PM, jvd99 said:

3/3

IMG_6887.jpeg

My goodness!  I bet that is fantastic.  Any idea what year you purchased this bottle or when and for long long it was released?  Just curious.  Thanks!

16 minutes ago, meadeweber said:

My goodness!  I bet that is fantastic.  Any idea what year you purchased this bottle or when and for long long it was released?  Just curious.  Thanks!

Bought 2 of these probably 10-12 years ago. Probably release around 2010 give or take a couple years