Old Forester’s Latest Bourbon is 10 Years Old and Made From a New Grain Recipe

fishnbowljoe

Interesting, article says the standard Old Forester Bourbon mash bill is 72% corn 18% rye 10% barley.

This new release is a different mash bill, 79% corn 11% rye 10% barley.

It got me thinking, higher corn mash bill, wasn't the Early Times a higher corn mash bill B-F used to make.

I looked it up - yes, same percentages.  Also learned the sourced Michters US1 Bourbon B-F used to make - same mash bill.

Hey, I'm a big fan of the DSP 354 Early Times B.I.B.  I'd wager aged 10 years, something very nice, but $115 MSRP.  😬  While you're at it, better make sure it's a full 750ml, not a 700ml.  (If they didn't, you know they at least thought about it.)

I suspect the Early Times connection is not included on press release because of the value brand association.

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, PaulO said:

Also learned the sourced Michters US1 Bourbon B-F used to make - same mash bill.

Yes indeed - distilled at OF. Very interesting.

Price is a bit steep; but, I guess given the age and the current market... maybe not that far out. 

• I like it 1

A friend asked me today if I had heard OF 1924 was actually 10 year old Early Times.  I told him for $115, I can buy 6 bottles of Early Times.  However, I don't expect either to happen. 😀

• I like it 5

I had a chance to buy one at msrp but passed.  I'm sure I'll eventually get one, but I just wasn't feeling it at the time.

• I like it 3