This or That or ???

bayouredd

I have a customer retiring tomorrow & found out he likes bourbon. Gifts on hand are...

thisorthat.jpg.e1340fed169cf15f652f8febcb530ec6.jpg

I think that if he is a rookie, he'll know & appreciate a Blanton's. (Blanton's on hand unopened) If he has a bit more experience, the OF 375 kit would be awesome. I'm guessing that he has no more bourbon expertise than this.

Which would you choose for a gift & the reasoning behind it?

Also, I'll go to the LS tomorrow and see if something else grabs my eye. (wallet)

All feedback appreciated...

I’ve had this conundrum many times, myself!  It’s tough, as your history, successes/failures, personal thoughts of the person outside of the biz relationship,   future possibilities with the person and their replacement, etc. make your choice a challenge.  I always go a bit above that value proposition regardless of which way it falls.  I think Blanton’s is a no chance of missing good intentions even if they’ve never even heard of it at all.  In that case, he soon will know what you offered, from his friends as compared to the OFs.

• I like it 3

Agree on the Blantons.  Just about everyone knows it if they have any interest in bourbon.  If they are as experienced as many here (and know it's solid, not great), they will still appreciate the gesture due to the relative unavailability.

• I like it 2

I have gifted both of these in the past, but agree Blanton’s is the safer bet.

• I like it 2

Another vote for Blantons.  Even if he enjoys bourbon, always some risk he may not want to geek out like us folks here.  Near zero chance he wouldn't appreciate the Blantons!

• I like it 2

Agree with the votes to gift Blanton's.

I've long suspected that is the purpose of that brand - really cute package, easy drinking pour, a step above average stuff.

• I like it 2

No brainer - Blanton's.  Tasting kit assumes he (his palate) can tell the difference - but in this cold snap, I'm not sure if I can tell the difference!  😬

• I like it 2

Excellent why to's & where for's.

Blanton's it is!!!

Thanx Guys, I knew you would come through...

• I like it 2