Double Double

Willye

New to this forum but just checking in to see who was able.to get Woodfords Double Double Oak? I was not able.to make it down this year.

Me neither (not that I planned to do so).    I haven't been a big fan of most of Woodford's offerings; but, the double oak is decent.   Haven't tried 2x2.

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, Willye said:

New to this forum but just checking in to see who was able.to get Woodfords Double Double Oak? I was not able.to make it down this year.

6 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Me neither (not that I planned to do so).    I haven't been a big fan of most of Woodford's offerings; but, the double oak is decent.   Haven't tried 2x2.

I assume this is a distillery only offering.  I remember when double-double oak first came out.  I have a friend in Louisville who grabbed me and his father a 375 ml bottle for $49.99.  At that time, I could find standard WR for $25.  I am not fan of double oaked bourbons so this was not in my wheelhouse.  However, I have friends who are fans.

Sometimes at a bar or restaurant, I will order a double neat.  Next time, I should just order a double double neat and get it on.  If I wanted to really go crazy, I could order a triple double.  Then I could tell my kids I scored a triple double once...not in basketball...but in a bar.  Both would be impressive feats.  😀

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

Sometimes at a bar or restaurant, I will order a double neat.  Next time, I should just order a double double neat and get it on.  If I wanted to really go crazy, I could order a triple double.  Then I could tell my kids I scored a triple double once...not in basketball...but in a bar.  Both would be impressive feats.  😀

Whadaya think about 14  @mbroo5880i?  🥃

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Whadaya think about 14  @mbroo5880i?  🥃

This post could be considered a double!  😂

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

This post could be considered a double!  😂

“Now that’s funny right there. I don’t care who ya’ are.”

IMG_3218.jpeg.2b8b551be54311a0d353d26cf9f5c0f9.jpeg

• I like it 1

I was gonna make a joke about ordering a double of Woodford instead, but @mbroo5880i beat me to it!  🙂

I'm not a fan of Double Oak (DO) but I've never had the Double Double (DD) so I'll keep an open mind. I know I'm a big fan of DDs in general so I'm optimistic!

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 3

Woodford Reserve?

Double  👁️ 👁️  Double?

IMG_5588.thumb.jpeg.e515383d2a697af286bf513500886dcc.jpeg

• I like it 3

1 minute ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Woodford Reserve?

Double  👁️ 👁️  Double?

IMG_5588.thumb.jpeg.e515383d2a697af286bf513500886dcc.jpeg

It took me a few minutes to see the bottle.  I have got to get up to Versailles more often.

• I like it 3