Found these today

Dedward429

Anyone have any experience with the 1792s? I've never seen them before so figured id try them. They also had BiB and SB 1792. First time seeing the CYPB so figured id grab that one while i can.

Cheers all

17091729004036250017818194498433.jpg

• I like it 1

Just for my own taste buddies, of course; but, here goes...

The 1792 Sweet Wheat to me was underwhelming, a bit TOO sweet, and lacking in some character intensity for me.

As for the 1792 Full Proof: I've tasted well over a dozen different ones (mostly private picks, so that makes it a possibly tainted sample group) and have yet to find one that I didn't like.   I've had 3-or-4 that were stellar to my taste buddies, and one of those was NOT a private pick, just off-the-shelf batch.   (I've loved every single taste of 1792 BIB I've ever had!    But, the price is a bit off-putting.)

The Weller C.Y.P.B. falls outside my experience, sorry to say.   Never even seen one.

• I like it 4

Another "No" vote on the Sweet Wheat. Just very meh to me; I don't understand the hype.  The Full Proof is good (and store picks can be excellent) but often drinks hot to me.  My favorite expression is the BiB which has the perfect balance of flavor and heat.  If you paid anywhere near msrp for the CYPB, consider yourself lucky.  I've never seen one on the shelf and it goes for hundreds of $$ on the secondary market. 

• I like it 2

Can’t remember ever having the 1792 FP. However, I do have CRS disease. I recieved a bottle of the Sweet Wheat as a Xmas present. It was just okay to me. Sweet? Yes, but it was also a bit harsh. If that makes sense. 🙃 On the other hand,  I liked the CYPB. It’s almost as good as my Weller Blend. 😉 I’ll use a variation of the three bears analogy as to my thoughts on it. 
Bourbon #1. “This bourbon is too light.”

Bourbon #2. “This bourbon is too strong.”

Bourbon #3. “This bourbon is too woody.”

Bourbon #4/CYPB. “This bourbon is juuuust right.”

IMHO, the CYPB strikes a pretty good balance of taste, proof, smoke and wood. YMMV

• I like it 2

Nice pick ups!

Hopefully, you find them all enjoyable from the first pour.  If not, I would suggest giving them some time as our moods and preferences change over time.  However, if you ultimately find one too sweet and the other too hot, you can always blend them together.

I do like 1792 BIB and SiB.  This brand sings at around 100 proof.

Also wasn't particularly a fan of the Sweet Wheat (but only tried it once and not in a setting where I can claim to have a well-informed opinion), but really like the 1792 FP.  The GBS pick of that at first I thought was a bit hot, but it has grown on me (and another favorite blend was mixing that with 1792 Port - which I thought was TOO heavy handed on the port finish, but a 50/50 with full proof set it right and increased the proof).  Also never tried the CYPB.

But the most important question . . . what's YOUR experience with them?  Hopefully you enjoy all three immensely (as I know there's sh!t I love that others don't care for, and vice-versa).  

I generally enjoy the Barton profile in 1792 and VOB form. The FP and standard 1792 are the only ones I have had and I like the FP very much but my experience is with private picks, I have seen references to off the shelf versions being too hot. I've never heard anything but good about the BIB and while I haven't had that one I am a long time fan of the VOB bib ( or 100 proof as its now called. As others have stated the most important this is how YOU like them, I hope you find all 3 to be winners.

• 3 weeks later...

1792 is just Barton bourbon.

My favorite 1792 are the High Rye and the regular Single Barrel (beige neckband).  Unfortunately I heard on these boards that they announced the High Rye is discontinued now.  If true, that sucks.

• I like it 1

I regularly purchase 1792 SB. I like it quite a bit. Never tried the wheated one.

1792 BIB is superb bourbon.     The bottles I've had lately have been superior to the last couple of Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirits I've tried,  and at considerably less cost.  

I've never seen the Sweet Wheat,  and the Full Proof,  although excellent,  isn't at a proof point I usually enjoy.   The BIB is the sweet spot. 

As for Weller,  that's not my bag.