Bourbon Magazines?

brian12069
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone know of or subscribe to any kind of bourbon or whiskey magazine? I bought a single issue one time of a magazine called WHISKY but it was mostly information on Scotch. I was just wondering if there was anything else out there that I wasn't aware of...THANKS!

Malt Advocate is a quarterly which, like Whisky Magazine, emphasizes Scotch, but generally at least touches on American whiskey/bourbon in each issue. They did, for example, a very informative rountable discussion last year with Jimmy Russell, Bill Samuels Jr., Fred Noe, Lincoln Henderson, Julian VanWinkle, et al.

Malt Advocate

The Spirit Journal is another:

The Spirit Journal

Most of the popular magazines, like Tim said, talk mostly about scotch first, then bourbon. Whisky Magazine does do some bourbon related articles, like this one written by 'our' Chuck.

Also, our very own Chuck Cowdery, writes his own newsletter dedicated just to American Whiskey. You can find out more about the 'The Bourbon Country Reader' here.

If one is interested only in bourbon, note that Chuck's newsletter provides more for the money than does the fatter, glossier, Malt Advocate. To MA's credit, they do have some fine bourbon articles, including one a while back written by Chuck (on BIB bourbon).

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Malt Advocate is a quarterly which, like Whisky Magazine, emphasizes Scotch, but generally at least touches on American whiskey/bourbon in each issue. They did, for example, a very informative rountable discussion last year with Jimmy Russell, Bill Samuels Jr., Fred Noe, Lincoln Henderson, Julian VanWinkle, et al.

Malt Advocate

Does anyone know of a way to get this back-issue of Malt Advocate? I just subscribed, and the latest issue has a Scotch round-table. In the intro, they mentioned the very interesting Bourbon round-table done last year, which I'd be very interested in reading, but the web site has no mention of offering back-issues.

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.