Chuck, always interesting

LCWoody

Master class on yeast right here. Often overlooked, we here know how important it is.

• I like it 1

Interesting, if not a bit overwhelming.  I need a Beam family tree to reference while reading this.  Thanks for posting.  Thanks to Chuck for the research.

It is crazy how the Beam family "Tentacles" reach everything in the bourbon world.

• I like it 2

Great blog by Chuck, I wish he still posted here. 

• I like it 4

Very good read. 

I'm curious about the "foxy" yeast and it's characteristics.  

4 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Very good read. 

I'm curious about the "foxy" yeast and it's characteristics.  

The Basic JB White Label show it's characteristics the most.   I think Chuck may have mentioned that.   To me, it's kinda even more 'peanutty' than the other Beam stuff, and a little bit of a "pissy-sour-yet-cloying" quality.   That last part is pretty faint; but noticeable to me, if I look for it.   Not sure if either of those are what Chuck called "foxy"; but for me, either could fit that descriptor.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

The Basic JB White Label show it's characteristics the most.   I think Chuck may have mentioned that.   To me, it's kinda even more 'peanutty' than the other Beam stuff, and a little bit of a "pissy-sour-yet-cloying" quality.   That last part is pretty faint; but noticeable to me, if I look for it.   Not sure if either of those are what Chuck called "foxy"; but for me, either could fit that descriptor.

Interesting.

Thanks!