Eagle Rare 101 proof 10 year old - 2 different bottles

Islandjoez

First post here so be gentle...

I have been drinking Eagle Rare Bourbon since it came out.  Over the years I started collecting bottles of the 101 10 yr old and  10 bottles.   As Eagle rare was sold by many, in the end, I bought some in a tall 5 bottle unlike the original short bottles. 

Does anyone know anything about the taller bottles as I have 3 and can't find anything on line.  

Thanks for the help.

Joe

IMG_0069.jpeg

• I like it 3

I will need you to send them to me for analysis.  Just to be thorough, send all the bottles in the pick and I will get back to you asap.😂

Sorry , I legitimately can’t answer you question but you have an admirable collection there.

• I like it 5

Are the tall bottles of 101 liter bottles?  

Part of the answer of the different bottles may also be where they were distilled and or bottled at. Try doing a search here on the site. There should be some info in past threads. I’d try to be of more help, but I’m old and I have CRS disease 😉 That being said, I’ve had a few ER 10 101’s over the years. The first two pics below are of the bottle I have open. It was distilled at the Old Prentice distillery. (Four Roses) I do have another bottle in my bunker stored elsewhere. The third pic is of my “flock” from times past. 😎 Cheers and enjoy! 

IMG_3907.jpeg

IMG_3908.jpeg

P1010744.jpeg

• I like it 2

Yes, the two bottles on the right appear to be what I asking about.  Haven't seen those anywhere on internet search. Thanks for sharing I was getting nervous they were conunterfiet....

Nice collection and Great looking bar.  I actually have a minature also... 

28 minutes ago, Islandjoez said:

Yes, the two bottles on the right appear to be what I asking about.  Haven't seen those anywhere on internet search. Thanks for sharing I was getting nervous they were conunterfiet....

Nice collection and Great looking bar.  I actually have a minature also... 

Do your bottles like that indicate that they are 1 liter (1L)?

@smokinjoe I have a 76 and 79 ER still open.  I have that same eagle nautical decanter.  Do you recall what year that one is from? I was too lazy to dig it out of the basement! 

All  I have left are the one pictured in my previous post, and the one I mentioned in my bunker. I had a couple of friends that loved decanters. I gifted them my (emptied) ER 10 101 decanters. 😋 The mirror and clock are on my bedroom wall.  I also still have the ER bottle pourer, but I don’t use it. It’s more of a keepsake. 

IMG_3916.jpeg

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, JT3NSB said:

@smokinjoe I have a 76 and 79 ER still open.  I have that same eagle nautical decanter.  Do you recall what year that one is from? I was too lazy to dig it out of the basement! 

Sorry, but I don’t know…😔

4 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

That was me, the other Joe, with the ER 101 decanters. 😉 I believe there were 4 different ones from around 1980,  give or take a  couple years or so. There were others too I believe. I had two of them. A friend gave me an empty of one that I already had.

P1020490.jpeg.41369d32a249569ed75f5f3e66b4cf9b.jpeg

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

That was me, the other Joe, with the ER 101 decanters. 😉 I believe there were 4 different ones from around 1980,  give or take a  couple years or so. There were others too I believe. I had two of them. A friend gave me an empty of one that I already had.

P1020490.jpeg.41369d32a249569ed75f5f3e66b4cf9b.jpeg

Nice wallpaper!  😊

Welcome to SB. Strong first post, classic ER 101. Those were the days.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Nice wallpaper!  😊

That was many years ago. Wallpaper removed, dining room painted.

Upon further review…… The ER 10 101 was “bottled “ in several places. I may have erred in my previous post about Frankfort being Four Roses. Below is what my best guess is. 

Old Prentice Distillery-New Orleans    Sazerac

Old Prentice Distillery-Lawrenceburg  Four Roses

Old Prentice Distillery-Frankfort   Buffalo Trace

The slight differences in bottles were, neck label, shoulder label, and different color screw caps. Yes, the taller bottles are liters.

Also, the decanters were from 1981.

IMG_6150.thumb.png.1fca5b9e8612fe068c1bff82bc60547e.pngP1000780.jpeg.409eb30891787411c44d0597fbb2a39e.jpeg

• I like it 5

Lawrenceburg, to me, was the best of the 101. 

• I like it 2