Eagle Rare 101 proof 10 year old - 2 different bottles

Islandjoez

First post here so be gentle...

I have been drinking Eagle Rare Bourbon since it came out.Ā  Over the years I started collecting bottles of the 101 10 yr old andĀ  10 bottles.Ā  Ā As Eagle rare was sold by many, in the end, I bought some in a tall 5 bottle unlike the original short bottles.Ā 

Does anyone know anything about the taller bottles as I have 3 and can't find anything on line.Ā Ā 

Thanks for the help.

Joe

IMG_0069.jpeg

• I like it 3

I will need you to send them to me for analysis. Ā Just to be thorough, send all the bottles in the pick and I will get back to you asap.šŸ˜‚

Sorry , I legitimately canā€™t answer you question but you have an admirable collection there.

• I like it 5

Are the tall bottles of 101 liter bottles? Ā 

Part of the answer of the different bottles may also be where they were distilled and or bottled at. Try doing a search here on the site. There should be some info in past threads. Iā€™d try to be of more help, but Iā€™m old and I have CRS disease šŸ˜‰ That being said, Iā€™ve had a few ER 10 101ā€™s over the years. The first two pics below are of the bottle I have open. It was distilled at the Old Prentice distillery. (Four Roses) I do have another bottle in my bunker stored elsewhere. The third pic is of my ā€œflockā€ from times past. šŸ˜Ž Cheers and enjoy!Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

IMG_3907.jpeg

IMG_3908.jpeg

P1010744.jpeg

• I like it 2

Yes, the two bottles on the right appear to be what I asking about.Ā  Haven't seen those anywhere on internet search. Thanks for sharing I was getting nervous they were conunterfiet....

Nice collection and Great looking bar.Ā  I actually have a minature also...Ā 

Ā 

28 minutes ago, Islandjoez said:

Yes, the two bottles on the right appear to be what I asking about.Ā  Haven't seen those anywhere on internet search. Thanks for sharing I was getting nervous they were conunterfiet....

Nice collection and Great looking bar.Ā  I actually have a minature also...Ā 

Ā 

Do your bottles like that indicate that they are 1 liter (1L)?

@smokinjoeĀ I have a 76 and 79 ER still open. Ā I have that same eagle nautical decanter. Ā Do you recall what year that one is from? I was too lazy to dig it out of the basement!Ā 

All Ā I have left are the one pictured in my previous post, and the one I mentioned in my bunker. I had a couple of friends that loved decanters. I gifted them my (emptied) ER 10 101 decanters. šŸ˜‹ The mirror and clock are on my bedroom wall. Ā I also still have the ER bottle pourer, but I donā€™t use it. Itā€™s more of a keepsake.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

IMG_3916.jpeg

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, JT3NSB said:

@smokinjoeĀ I have a 76 and 79 ER still open. Ā I have that same eagle nautical decanter. Ā Do you recall what year that one is from? I was too lazy to dig it out of the basement!Ā 

Sorry, but I donā€™t knowā€¦šŸ˜”

4 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

That was me, the other Joe, with the ER 101 decanters. šŸ˜‰ I believe there were 4 different ones from around 1980, Ā give or take a Ā couple years or so. There were others too I believe. I had two of them. A friend gave me an empty of one that I already had.
Ā 

P1020490.jpeg.41369d32a249569ed75f5f3e66b4cf9b.jpeg

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

That was me, the other Joe, with the ER 101 decanters. šŸ˜‰ I believe there were 4 different ones from around 1980, Ā give or take a Ā couple years or so. There were others too I believe. I had two of them. A friend gave me an empty of one that I already had.
Ā 

P1020490.jpeg.41369d32a249569ed75f5f3e66b4cf9b.jpeg

Ā 

Nice wallpaper!Ā Ā šŸ˜Š

Ā 

Welcome to SB. Strong first post, classic ER 101. Those were the days.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Ā 

Nice wallpaper!Ā Ā šŸ˜Š

Ā 

That was many years ago. Wallpaper removed, dining room painted.

Upon further reviewā€¦ā€¦ The ER 10 101 was ā€œbottled ā€œ in several places. I may have erred in my previous post about Frankfort being Four Roses. Below is what my best guess is.Ā 

Old Prentice Distillery-New Orleans Ā  Ā Sazerac

Old Prentice Distillery-Lawrenceburg Ā Four Roses

Old Prentice Distillery-Frankfort Ā  Buffalo Trace

Ā 

The slight differences in bottles were, neck label, shoulder label, and different color screw caps. Yes, the taller bottles are liters.

Ā 

Also, the decanters were from 1981.

Ā 

IMG_6150.thumb.png.1fca5b9e8612fe068c1bff82bc60547e.pngP1000780.jpeg.409eb30891787411c44d0597fbb2a39e.jpeg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• I like it 5

Lawrenceburg, to me, was the best of the 101.Ā 

• I like it 2