Old Forester 1924

Old Hippie

Who's tried it. Curious as to your thoughts..

Pricey but so be it

High corn mash bill at 79% (Early Times?)

A little oak and oak spice - red fruit - creamy mouth feal - brown sugar finish

overall an easy sipper and it wears 100 proof well

Yes basically a 10  year Early Times BIB.  It was good but I don't think it commands its price tag.  Maybe a tad of a premium over the 1910 and 20 due to its age.  I think this would have been better priced around the 80 dollar mark and would have been better received.

I agree with your assessment except maybe on the finish.  I don't recall getting brown sugar and I also thought the finish was very short and abrupt.  It lacks that Old Forester chocolate note that I really love.

• I like it 2

As a fan of this mashbill in other products,

I enjoy this one quite a bit.

Agree with Clueby that it’s not really worth the price surcharge, but I can’t control that.

I likely won’t be buying another bottle anytime soon at current msrp.

In several years if/when I run out of the good ET BiB I might change my mind if the craving gets strong enough.  :)

• I like it 1

First pour and I dig it.   Nice mouthfeel and well balanced.   I’ll revisit when it settles down some. At first pass, I feel like this is very different from 1910 and 1920, in a good way.    The ET references aren’t far off but,  I’m lining up with @Old Hippie assessment of the first pass at it.   At this point I’d get another at msrp, but wouldn’t overpay. And damn impossible to get in NC sadly.  

IMG_1409.jpeg

I really liked it - I agree it's aggressively priced, but that might be the new normal.   I am glad I have tried, but probably not going to go out of my way to bunker any.