What did you purchase this Spring? (2024)

markandrex

Went out at lunch and picked up a MMCS. It was $39.  As usual, the MM101 beside it was $64.  Now, that is high, even for Georgia, but 101 is always higher priced than CS for some reason…😩

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Went out at lunch and picked up a MMCS. It was $39.  As usual, the MM101 beside it was $64.  Now, that is high, even for Georgia, but 101 is always higher priced than CS for some reason…😩

Odd prices here too @smokinjoe.  Binny’s has MM101 for $36.99, and MMCS for $39.99. A decent store here has MM101 for $29.99 (been on sale for a while), and MMCS for $51.99. 🤔I just picked up a 1.75 of MM on sale at Binny’s for $39.99.

• I like it 3

26 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Odd prices here too @smokinjoe.  Binny’s has MM101 for $36.99, and MMCS for $39.99. A decent store here has MM101 for $29.99 (been on sale for a while), and MMCS for $51.99. 🤔I just picked up a 1.75 of MM on sale at Binny’s for $39.99.

West of Indy...MM $19.99-24.99, MM101 $29.99-31.99, MMCS $34.99-36.99.  These prices have been consistent for the past few years.  

Similar to Joe, 1.75s between $34.99-$39.99.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

West of Indy...MM $19.99-24.99, MM101 $29.99-31.99, MMCS $34.99-36.99.  These prices have been consistent for the past few years.  

Similar to Joe, 1.75s between $34.99-$39.99.

MM101 used to be cheaper than CS here in Texas.  I bought my 101 when they were $34.  But when the latest release of 101 came out, the price crept up above the CS. (CS is ~$38 whereas 101 is $41).

Makes zero sense 🤷‍♂️.

The only thing I can think of, is that they slap the "limited" label on the 101.  Ridiculous.

Btw, Indiana must have the best bourbon prices in the entire country.

• I like it 3

On 3/28/2024 at 11:47 AM, PaulO said:

Rebel (used to be called Rebel Yell) is a brand owned by Luxco.  For a long time, that brand was sourced whiskey - wheat mash bill Bourbon from Heaven Hill a.k.a. Old Fitzgerald.  Luxco has been distilling its' own make for a while.  I don't know if that has impacted any of their brands yet.

Old Bardstown B.I.B. is one of the first regular products to come from Willett since they switched over to distilling their own.

Thanks, Paul.  I remember seeing Rebel Yell on the shelf some time ago.  Never tried it, though.

IMG_6006.thumb.jpeg.07401c52e07e86b2f3da0cd76dd77451.jpeg

got my stores email the same time i was driving by. Made a uturn and was customer #3.

• I like it 8

Ok, I happened to be on the other side of town and checked out another store.  I was looking for George Dickel the new label that replaced #12.  They didn't have it.  What they did have was: OF Rye, Sazerac Rye, and EW B.I.B. - on the cheap.  🥳  

I had a nice chat with the manager.  He told me about another store a little farther out, I never considered.  He said the the manager there stocks a lot of different things they don't carry at the other stores. win, win

• I like it 4

Same sale as @PaulO, different store.

The most expensive bottles were the FRSiB and HH 7yr at $33.73 each.

Full Disclosure: The clerk undercharged me $20 on the Hard Truth Four Grain. She must have gotten the bottles confused and rang up the High Road Rye twice. I thought the bill was a little less than I thought would be. However, I didn't really notice until I got home since we also bought groceries. 

20240330_192540.jpg

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 9

Really enjoy the soft red wheat… the 120 rickhouse proof version is new to me.   Really digging what they are putting out so far. 

IMG_1538.jpeg

• I like it 9

45 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Full Disclosure: The clerk undercharged me $20 on the Hard Truth Four Grain. She must have gotten the bottles confused and rang up the High Road Rye twice. I thought the bill was a little less than I thought would be. However, I didn't really notice until I got home since we also bought groceries. 

20240330_192540.jpg

Nice spread there.  Great variety and value for money.  [Taters take note; this guy knows what he's doing]

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

20240330_192540.jpg

What did the HH BiB set you back?

I finally broke down and bought one for an ass-chafing $49.99.  The more I drink it,  the more I like it. 

• I like it 1

23 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

What did the HH BiB set you back?

I finally broke down and bought one for an ass-chafing $49.99.  The more I drink it,  the more I like it. 

I got mine for $33.73.  It is normally $44.99 at this retailer.  I believe the local Costco has it regularly for around $42.99.  Don't be ass-chafed friend, I believe in today's market it is a $50 whiskey. Heaven Hill 7+ years, 100 proof or greater, yes please.  I have seen it in my area from $45 to $55 depending on the retailer and availability.  It seems to come and go but is usually available with some effort to shop around. 

I would put it on par with HMcK10 which harder to find and typically $10 in my area.  To quote CSN, "Love the one you're with."

Enjoy it, don't worry about the price.  Tomorrow your dollars will be worth less than today.😮😉😀

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 2

49 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Nice spread there.  Great variety and value for money.  [Taters take note; this guy knows what he's doing]

I am still looking to add a few bottles of Still Austin.  The local Total Wine is the only store in Indy that I know of that carries their products.  I know they carry the standard bourbon, CS, CS SiB, and the Rye.  We are taking the new puppy to puppy school right across the street so maybe next weekend I can stop in a see what they have. 

I have only had two bottles, CS and CS SiB, but really enjoyed them.  My DIL bought me my first bottle she tried it and said I know Mike will love this so she bought me a bottle. She was right.  We have been to a few distilleries together.  

• I like it 2

Nothing special, OF 100 so I had a replacement in the bunker.

• I like it 5

On 3/30/2024 at 3:08 PM, FasterHorses said:

got my stores email the same time i was driving by. Made a uturn and was customer #3.

That stuff is exponentially better than the 10y IMO.

Nice score.

• I like it 2

Enjoyed a great time with my family today in celebration of Easter.  Now hanging out with the puppy ,who is absolutely and completely worn out, while enjoying a few pours before the start of a new workweek.  She started out on the opposite end of the love seat but moved closer to get warm.  Even the beagle is falling asleep.  Well, once she finishes eating the puppy's food. 😮😟😜

Started with a nice pour of WT101.  Who knows what I will go to next.  

• I like it 3

On 3/30/2024 at 4:08 PM, FasterHorses said:

My local had it for $350

On 4/3/2024 at 2:46 PM, BourbonGuy said:

My local had it for $350

Being a Jack fan I was very interested in this when announced and still look forward to trying it at some point but if 350 is the ask, I am going SBBP all day and happy about it.

• I like it 1

On 3/30/2024 at 8:27 PM, mbroo5880i said:

I am still looking to add a few bottles of Still Austin.  The local Total Wine is the only store in Indy that I know of that carries their products.  I know they carry the standard bourbon, CS, CS SiB, and the Rye.  We are taking the new puppy to puppy school right across the street so maybe next weekend I can stop in a see what they have. 

I have only had two bottles, CS and CS SiB, but really enjoyed them.  My DIL bought me my first bottle she tried it and said I know Mike will love this so she bought me a bottle. She was right.  We have been to a few distilleries together.  

So far I have only found it at TW as well in the STL area. At least they consider it a part of their spirits direct line, so you can take advantage of the discount coupons they regularly have, which is usually 10% off.

• I like it 1

On 3/28/2024 at 5:10 PM, smokinjoe said:

That’s always struck me as odd. I have the MMCS and enjoy it. I avoid the 101 due to weird pricing and as far as I know beyond  added water there is no difference between the two so, I opt for less water for less money. Am I missing some fine print somewhere that would warrant a premium on that 101?

Just Scooped these...

20240405_123640.thumb.jpg.bcf8dc32f4c387cf5831c281eb9cb6f7.jpg

Why the J.E. Pepper? Because reviews said I should. Hit me for a $59 bill + tax.

Why the Old Soul? Because it was in my top 2 bottles of 2023 and by far my favorite MGP clone...

• I like it 4

On 4/5/2024 at 2:41 PM, bayouredd said:

Just Scooped these...

20240405_123640.thumb.jpg.bcf8dc32f4c387cf5831c281eb9cb6f7.jpg

Why the J.E. Pepper? Because reviews said I should. Hit me for a $59 bill + tax.

Why the Old Soul? Because it was in my top 2 bottles of 2023 and by far my favorite MGP clone...

I hope you enjoy the JEP. I too have the decanter but purchased based on the strength of A) having tasted their raw distillate years ago on a tour and could taste the promise even though it was too young in the barrel to be released. B.) once it was old enough I bought the bib version and really enjoyed it. I’ve yet to crack the decanter but I am betting at 5.5yrs + it will be even better than the already solid bib and at today’s prices I had no problem grabbing one. JEP is one of the newer distilleries I really like. I’ve never tried the MGP sourced stuff and given how much I am liking their house brew (I also have a gift shop SB rye that is excellent ) I expect good and great things for many years to come. 

Edited by kcgumbohead
  • I like it 3

Last of the big time spenders today. I dropped a whole 15.99 on this bad boy.

20240406_204855.jpg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Last of the big time spenders today. I dropped a whole 15.99 on this bad boy.

20240406_204855.jpg

I've been a fan for years.  Somehow that flies just under the radar.  And how many expensive brands sourced from Barton.  🤫

• I like it 1