What did you purchase this Spring? (2024)

markandrex

Peg Leg Porker Tennessee Bourbon..............Meh........... Might be good in a cocktail. Sweet, young, nothing special. 

• I like it 2

Got lucky again yesterday. I found a bottle of Blanton’s, and bought it for a friend. 🙂

• I like it 7

Friend is hitting St Maarten on a cruise (they know to call me when that happens). Looks like they have SFTB 134 proof at $175/each, taxes included. Essentially MSRP. I'll know soon how many cases. Given that I just got some I'll probably limit myself to 1 or 2.

This time.

• I like it 3

On 4/14/2024 at 9:08 AM, Grady330 said:

Peg Leg Porker Tennessee Bourbon..............Meh........... Might be good in a cocktail. Sweet, young, nothing special. 

I just had it while in Georgia. I liked it. I agree, nothing super "wow". But just hit a spot. 

Maybe it was the BBQ I had it with. I was in the mood for "sweet" and "no bite", aka the infamous "smooth". And smooth it is.

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Friend is hitting St Maarten on a cruise (they know to call me when that happens). Looks like they have SFTB 134 proof at $175/each, taxes included. Essentially MSRP. I'll know soon how many cases. Given that I just got some I'll probably limit myself to 1 or 2.

This time.

I don't know if I've ever seen you post this one - Rock Hill Farms.  It's the same mash bill as Blanton's, decent age, and bottled at 100 proof.  Too bad it's become so hard to find.  But you have your oompah loompas scouring the world.  🤣

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, Anwalt said:

I just had it while in Georgia. I liked it. I agree, nothing super "wow". But just hit a spot. 

Maybe it was the BBQ I had it with. I was in the mood for "sweet" and "no bite", aka the infamous "smooth". And smooth it is.

Going to do up some burgers on the smoker tonight, will try the Peg Leg with it!! 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, PaulO said:

I don't know if I've ever seen you post this one - Rock Hill Farms.  It's the same mash bill as Blanton's, decent age, and bottled at 100 proof.  Too bad it's become so hard to find.  But you have your oompah loompas scouring the world.  🤣

That is one I'd have to trade for. Even the Flying Monkeys were unable to find it at or near MSRP. 

• I like it 1

OF Statesman, heard of but have never seen, New Riff, Green River. 

Great color for a 4yr old and interesting reviews on this one.  

IMG_1689.jpeg

Edited by JT3NSB
  • I like it 1

18 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

Great color for a 4yr old and interesting reviews on this one.  

IMG_1689.jpeg

That is a decent bottle. It is the only bourbon that always tastes better with a splash to me...

Beam Black 7yo and 90 proof.  Beam has dicked around with their Bkack Label several times over the years.  Is this another one of those?  Or, a new extension, altogether?  Or, has this been around for awhile, and I’ve just not noticed?  

IMG_5108.jpeg

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Beam Black 7yo and 90 proof.  Beam has dicked around with their Bkack Label several times over the years.  Is this another one of those?  Or, a new extension, altogether?  Or, has this been around for awhile, and I’ve just not noticed?  

IMG_5108.jpeg

That's new to me.  I'd give it a try.  Years ago, the JB Black was 90 proof an 8 years old.  I thought that expression was very nice.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

IMG_5108.jpeg

I haven't seen it, but would appreciate a yay or a nay from you...

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Special delivery today. 

The Weller Whore/BT Bitch whole heartedly approves.  🦅 🦬 👍

15 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

The Weller Whore/BT Bitch whole heartedly approves.  🦅 🦬 👍

The herd runs deep. This is my breakfast companion today.

20240421_104129.jpg

• I like it 12

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

The herd runs deep. This is my breakfast companion today.

20240421_104129.jpg

Great picture Tim! Is that your grandson? 

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Great picture Tim! Is that your grandson? 

That is, indeed. He's even already been to BT before he was a year old!

• I like it 3

On 4/20/2024 at 12:59 PM, smokinjoe said:

IMG_5108.jpeg

On 4/20/2024 at 3:32 PM, PaulO said:

That's new to me.  I'd give it a try.  Years ago, the JB Black was 90 proof an 8 years old.  I thought that expression was very nice.

On 4/20/2024 at 4:08 PM, bayouredd said:

I haven't seen it, but would appreciate a yay or a nay from you...

I haven't seen that one either, but I haven't been to a store lately either.

I see that your new bottle is 90 proof.  The old 8 yr Black (which was pretty good IMO) was only 86 proof IIRC.  So the bump to 90 proof is a positive step.  The old 7 year "Distiller's series" was also 90 proof.  So this new one looks like a return to the 7 Distiller's series more than the "black" SKU.  I'm curious how the new one tastes too.

• I like it 1

On 4/20/2024 at 5:17 PM, Clueby said:

Special delivery today. 

20240420_144115.jpg

It's probably been 9 years since I last saw an er10 on the shelves. Where did you pick it up?

38 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Have not seen one of those in a long time.

It appears they have changed the label.

I dont think they changed it recently.. may just be the sun comin thru the glass. But yeah the Elmers hit town with a vengeance today. Was happy to be off work on the right day. 

• I like it 3

13 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

I dont think they changed it recently.. may just be the sun comin thru the glass. But yeah the Elmers hit town with a vengeance today. Was happy to be off work on the right day. 

So have those experienced the same price creep adjustment as the OWA.