What did you purchase this Spring? (2024)

markandrex

Posted (edited)

Again, I couldn’t pass the Daniel’s.  😁.  First EWSB I’ve seen in ages.  9+ year begins to put it back on track.  The Chattanooga is solid for a craft.  

IMG_5137.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 6

To follow suit, 2 cases of this also showed up at my local store. Had to grab one for old times’ sake. 

IMG_5869.jpeg

• I like it 8

Visiting family in Va Beach so I had to stop in an ABC store.

OGD BiB*

Uncle Nearest 1856**

Gonna hit the Navy PX tomorrow with Mom.  Up to now, I've been pretty  about not buying.  Please say a tiny prayer for my wallet🤑

*Restock 

** Always wanted to try this one, and they had it on sale.

• I like it 2

On 5/1/2024 at 10:00 AM, Double C's said:

WT somewhat recently has used barrels from various Camp Nelson warehouses for some Kentucky Spirit bottlings. I do not know if this was common historically or if this is a newer thing. The particular bottle I bought yesterday came from CN-E and was dumped back in August 2023. This was the first WTKS bottle I have bought since they switched away from the fan tail bottle so I was not even thinking about looking out for these until I heard about the use of Camp Nelson barrels lingering out there in the wild. 

I did open the bottle last night to compare against an open RR SIB pick I have and the WTKS bottle has a noticeably more prominent spice kick to it that I don't usually get from WT products. I hope that the peppery spice mellows out some as the bottle opens up.

Getting the Camp Nelson WTKS bottles at more than one liquor store here, also.  I did the zooming for you.  I dunno, judging from the fill level, I guess I like it enough. 

Screenshot_20240503-224035.jpg

• I like it 5

Tomorrow's the Run for the Roses, so I figured tonight I would run for Four Roses.

IMG_20240503_223846.jpg

• I like it 9

56 minutes ago, Thomm said:

Tomorrow's the Run for the Roses, so I figured tonight I would run for Four Roses.

This too shall work.  👍🌹🌹🌹🌹

1 hour ago, Thomm said:

Nice

14 hours ago, Thomm said:

IMG_20240503_223846.jpg

An electric saw, a sharp knife, and a bottle of 100 proof whiskey.   What could go wrong?  😂

• I like it 5

I suck at not buying😑

I hit the PX with Mom and showed a lot of restraint. 

There were a few bottles that I could not pass on, as they were on sale & duty-free to boot.😁

KC 9 year $26.95

WR Rye $26.95

RR SiB $45.00

• I like it 2

I’m on the EWSB train.    Random case showed at up at a spot near an errand today.   One per customer, but solid at 38.00

IMG_1800.jpeg

• I like it 4

also found one of these on a trip to visit fams in middle GA, on the bottom shelf at 34$. Only one random bottle. yes please. HM10 was 72, and HHBiB 7 year was 45. I'll take this one:

IMG_1077.jpeg

• I like it 3

Posted (edited)

I always loved these, and remember ordering them online from ace spirits at $16. my first in years

IMG_1078.jpeg

Edited by steven s
  • I like it 3

Va Beach haul....all on sale,(of course😁), except for the RR SiB...but I had no problem paying $45.00 for it..

20240505_132222.jpg

• I like it 5

I, too, hit the VA ABC this weekend.  4RYL was on sale and in stock at a shade under $20 so I bought a few to get ready for Summer.

• I like it 5

On 5/4/2024 at 2:46 PM, smokinjoe said:

An electric saw, a sharp knife, and a bottle of 100 proof whiskey.   What could go wrong?  😂

Great catch!  Missed it but awesome!  👍🤪😬😀

On 5/4/2024 at 1:46 PM, smokinjoe said:

The saw's not plugged in, and the bottle is unopened.  In my defense, you could consider both objects to be inert at the moment.

Considering that I only yesterday topped off my chainsaw fuel tank with bar and chain oil while completely sober, you may rest assured I will never mix spinning or otherwise moving sharp things with 100 proof whiskey.  

• I like it 4

was out running errands Saturday afternoon and stopped by a few LS. I did end up grabbing a Green River wheated after passing on lots of other bottles that afternoon.

• I like it 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I, too, hit the VA ABC this weekend.  4RYL was on sale and in stock at a shade under $20 so I bought a few to get ready for Summer.

I drive through Port Royal, Tappahannock, via 3 & 17 on the way to VA Beach.  I hit the ABC store near the Potomac River Bridge.   The OGD was $21.00 and the Bulleit 10 year was on sale,  but the closest store to them that had the Bulleit 10 year  in stock was Colonial Beach.   I like it, but not enough to drive 13 miles out of my way for it.  The rest of the bottles I bought on base at the PX in Little Creek.

I really, really suck at not buying..... 

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 3

On 5/6/2024 at 11:49 AM, Skinsfan1311 said:

I drive through Port Royal, Tappahannock, via 3 & 17 on the way to VA Beach.  I hit the ABC store near the Potomac River Bridge.   The OGD was $21.00 and the Bulleit 10 year was on sale,  but the closest store to them that had the Bulleit 10 year  in stock was Colonial Beach.   I like it, but not enough to drive 13 miles out of my way for it.  The rest of the bottles I bought on base at the PX in Little Creek.

I really, really suck at not buying..... 

I've not been to the Little Creek PX.  FWIW, Joint Base Myer Henderson Hall in Arlington has both a Class 6 for Ft. Myer and "The Vineyard" on Marine Corps Base Henderson.  Their selections - wine and spirits - do overlap but do not duplicate entirely.  The MCX Vineyard has a better bourbon selection but NEVER carries OGD  like Myer does.  Myer also has a better bottom and mid-shelf scotch selection while the MCX has a better top shelf and, sometimes, limited bourbon drops that Ft. Myer never gets.

• I like it 1

A local had a special where if you bought a bottle of their Blue Note Juke Joint store pick you got to buy a Blanton's or ER10 at "retail-ish". Mrs. Clueby was off work today so I texted her and she made the run. She picked Blanton's. She also picked up a Blue Note Crossroads. It's finished in toasted French oak. Not sure I'm gonna like that one.  I've had some BN store picks that have been great and at least one that was downright awful. We shall see.

• I like it 3

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I've not been to the Little Creek PX.  FWIW, Joint Base Myer Henderson Hall in Arlington has both a Class 6 for Ft. Myer and "The Vineyard" on Marine Corps Base Henderson.  Their selections - wine and spirits - do overlap but do not duplicate entirely.  The MCX Vineyard has a better bourbon selection but NEVER carries OGD  like Myer does.  Myer also has a better bottom and mid-shelf scotch selection while the MCX has a better top shelf and, sometimes, limited bourbon drops that Ft. Myer never gets.

Thanks!    I can only get on base with Mom and since she's in VA Beach, my choices are Norfolk, Little Creek and the Coast Guard PX,(which has a surprisingly good selection for a small store).

Shopping at the PX is like a scavenger hunt, because they're not limited by the state distribution system, so they seem to have bottles that aren't readily available on the economy.   

Edited by Skinsfan1311

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Clueby said:

A local had a special where if you bought a bottle of their Blue Note Juke Joint store pick you got to buy a Blanton's or ER10 at "retail-ish". Mrs. Clueby was off work today so I texted her and she made the run. She picked Blanton's. She also picked up a Blue Note Crossroads. It's finished in toasted French oak. Not sure I'm gonna like that one.  I've had some BN store picks that have been great and at least one that was downright awful. We shall see.

I stopped by the same store after work yesterday, but it was to pick up a bottle of EC toasted that they had for the best price I've seen. It was cheap enough to finally get me to buy one to try. The employee said the blanton's and ER lasted about an hour after that email went out. I would not pay that price for blanton's anyway. I may have been tempted if they still had ER left, as that price was pretty close to msrp.

Edited by Double C's

5 hours ago, Double C's said:

I stopped by the same store after work yesterday, but it was to pick up a bottle of EC toasted that they had for the best price I've seen. It was cheap enough to finally get me to buy one to try. The employee said the blanton's and ER lasted about an hour after that email went out. I would not pay that price for blanton's anyway. I may have been tempted if they still had ER left, as that price was pretty close to msrp.

I was hoping she'd get an ER...but she wanted HER own Blanton's...so it's whatever. 

• I like it 3

On 5/8/2024 at 3:37 PM, Clueby said:

I was hoping she'd get an ER...but she wanted HER own Blanton's...so it's whatever. 

Did she finish all of HER Gold already???   🥳

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Did she finish all of HER Gold already???   🥳

Not quite yet. 

• I like it 1