On line buying

graybeard75

Any on line stores that are real??  Lol. 

15 hours ago, graybeard75 said:

Any on line stores that are real??  Lol. 

Yeah, usually ones that also have a brick and mortar facility.  K&L in Calif. is one of the best but they don't ship spirits out of state.  Astor Wines and Spirits in NYC has a great selection and they ship to Calif.  Not sure if they ship to WVA, though.  Seelbach's is another great online seller but they specialize in craft spirits so you can't get BT, HH, Beam, etc. products from them. 

• I like it 2

Also search for the wine and cheese place, if they ship to your state..

Some states (like Indiana) don't allow liquor to be shipped to customers.

Even if they did, man that shipping and handling adds a lot to the price.  😬

Have used Frootbat and Caskers. Never had any problems and sometimes you can find a deal. Believe on your first order with Frootbat you get free shipping, and at caskers there is a loyalty program. 

+1 for K&L.  I have ordered from Leuken's in FLorida once and it was a good experience. 

• 2 weeks later...

I echo what @Paulo says, .. .some states don't allow shipping to their states.  That's basically the way it is here in Texas where I live.  Local stores are allowed to deliver to my home, but shipping from out of state is frowned upon.  There are some online sellers that will ship but I don't understand (maybe I don't want to know, hehe) how they get away with it.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Kepler said:

I echo what @Paulo says, .. .some states don't allow shipping to their states.  That's basically the way it is here in Texas where I live.  Local stores are allowed to deliver to my home, but shipping from out of state is frowned upon.  There are some online sellers that will ship but I don't understand (maybe I don't want to know, hehe) how they get away with it.

They either don't know that it is illegal or they don't care. They do it because they haven't been caught. When they get caught, they'll be talking with their defense attorneys.

On 4/21/2024 at 9:39 PM, Kepler said:

I imagine it's pretty hard for the authorities to prosecute a business in another state.  And, I don't think shipping laws are that strictly enforced in general.  I've experienced shippers that have delivered online liquor purchases to my door without getting adult signature as required by law here in CA.  In several instances, the box wasn't even labeled as containing alcohol..

On 4/24/2024 at 11:24 AM, fosmith said:

I imagine it's pretty hard for the authorities to prosecute a business in another state.  And, I don't think shipping laws are that strictly enforced in general.  I've experienced shippers that have delivered online liquor purchases to my door without getting adult signature as required by law here in CA.  In several instances, the box wasn't even labeled as containing alcohol..

I've experienced the same.