Willett White Wax Single Barrel

KYColonel

I can't find anything online about a bottle I acquired in Lexington around 2014. It is an 8 year single Barrel bottle. It has a Liquor Barn sticker on the back so not sure if it was some store pick or something. No clue on value. I checked the Willett app and limited information there as well. Anyone know much about this? Much appreciated. 

Willett 1.jpg

Willett 2.jpg

It’s probably HH distillate. Have you tried going back to LB in Lexington and asking them?

• I like it 1

Good call on checking with LB. I moved several years ago but could be worth a call. 

One thing I recall, back when the WFE barrels were all sourced, Willett did not want to reveal where they came from.  They said there was a nondisclosure agreement.  

3 hours ago, PaulO said:

One thing I recall, back when the WFE barrels were all sourced, Willett did not want to reveal where they came from.  They said there was a nondisclosure agreement.  

That’s true @PaulO. However, loose lips make barrel bands slip. 😁  Once upon a time I was told that the vast majority of Willett’s sourced distillate came from HH. Very few barrels came from other distilleries. I heard this from a reliable, knowledgeable source. That being said, my favorite purchase of a WFE was a private pick that actually came from BF. It was picked by the aforementioned reliable, knowledgeable source. 😎

• I like it 1

Yes, someone that had been in their warehouses for barrels selection, said that Willett had at one time barrels from all but one of Kentucky's major distillers.  (I never found out which one they never had, but wondered.)  Also, heard most was from Heaven Hill.

They have transitioned to their own distillate.  Steve said up to 9 years old now.

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

Yes, someone that had been in their warehouses for barrels selection, said that Willett had at one time barrels from all but one of Kentucky's major distillers.  (I never found out which one they never had, but wondered.)  Also, heard most was from Heaven Hill.

They have transitioned to their own distillate.  Steve said up to 9 years old now.

And now 10.

• I like it 1