Radio tour w/ Lincoln Henderson & Chris Morris

BourbonitisBlues
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Earlier this year a co-worker and I were treated to a private tour of Labrot & Graham with Lincoln Henderson and Chris Morris for a radio series called "Kentucky Works". The series profiles people in unique jobs that have a connection to Kentucky. In addition to the bourbon story we have also profiled batmakers at the Louisville Slugger factory, a family owned dairy farm/cheese factory, a blacksmith, etc. We are currently working on one about barrel making at Bluegrass Cooperage.

Heres the link http://www.wfpl.org/KY_works/default.htm

These radio documentaries run 8 to 10 minutes each and are told completely by the subjects. I took the photos that accompany them.

BourbonitisBlues

Well, I never got the audio to work (I use dialup, of course), but the pictures were great. And, as a former news photographer myself, that was enough to tell the story. I noted the natural use of framing, diagonal lines and the 'rule of thirds' that I'd bet you didn't even think about as you shot. The last one, with the bottle in front of the bright light, was wonderful. Great choice, too, to use black-and-white.

Thanks for sharing that. I really liked it. Neat way of presenting it. I like the idea of listening to the audio but being able to control the pictures, rather than it being programmed as a slide show.

Thank you gentlemen. I appreciate the comments. I think my favorite photos are the one that accompany the Blacksmith story.

We should have one about barrel making at Blugrass Cooperage up in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know. We're also working on stories about a snake handling preacher in Eastern Kentucky and the proprieter of a long standing soul food cafe in Louisville's Smoketown neighbohood.

BourbonitisBlues

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.