Beamed beans & seeds

bourbonmed
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Great news. Maybe my Kentucky Joe cocktails will have to be replaced by this new product. We usually mix Maker's and Kahlua.

Hey Tonya,

I've been experimenting, trying to make a sort of a Kentucky Kahlua, and this last batch isn't bad.

First, I poured a couple of cups of Weller 12 in a jar. Then, I and soaked a vanilla bean in it for about a month. Next, I took about a cup of strong black coffee and heated it with lots of sugar (until the sugar was completely dissolved) and poured it in the jar.

It's great over ice cream, and in coffee. And, I bet it would be great to make homemade ice cream with too. The proportions still need tweaking, but I'll have some for the Festival.

Bj

More tasty treats to look forward to at the Gazebo, huh? Lordy, lordy...I may never come home. lol.gif

I think we're going to have to make some Bourbon vanilla ice cream for sure! And I'm working on a Bourbon Glaze for some smoked salmon.

Yeah buddy...we're gonna eat good... smirk.gif

• 1 year later...

I bought a pack of the Jim Beam Sunflower Seeds. They had BBQ and regular. I opted for the regular because I wanted more bourbon flavor. I can't taste the bourbon at all so, yeah, it tastes just like Jim Beam. grin.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.