2004 World Championship Bourbon Barrel Relay

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Darn, girl, how do you stay lookin' so purdy rolling that thing? I hate that we missed cheerin' for you. We headed out early that morn.

For those of us in Rio Linda, please identify each of the gentlemen pictured. I think I recognize Elmer T. Lee and Jimmy Russell, but I'm not sure even of them.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Elmer Lee-Buffalo Trace, Jimmy Russell-Wild Turkey, Parker Beam-Heaven Hill, Greg Davis-Barton, Jim Rutledge-Four Roses.

Good job on that clip Brenda grin.gif I note you kept the sound in...Hmmmmmmmm...I let a round or two of FRENCH turn loose when one of those barrels knocked another off the track...How'd ya edit that out? lol.gif...Magic? smilielol.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

Here is the front page of The Kentucky Standard (Bardstown, KY newspaper, Wednesday September 22, 2004) grin.gif I nearly posted a link to it but there are no pictures (in their web page) on this story (just words)...Ya'll know me...gotta have pictures grin.gif

post-20-14489811664156_thumb.jpg

This letter is dated Sept. 20...It was hand delivered to me tonight while I was working grin.gif It's nice to know that he took time to let us know he is very happy with what we accomplished grin.gif

post-20-14489811670103_thumb.jpg

Bettye Jo,

I note you kept the sound in...Hmmmmmmmm...I let a round or two of FRENCH turn loose when one of those barrels knocked another off the track...How'd ya edit that out? ...Magic?

Yeah, magic... lol.gif

you did say a few things... lol.gif I wanted to leave the sound in, so you could hear the fella in the background shouting encouragement, scream for Jo Bettye! wink.gif

While I was editing it, it occurred to me just how much ground you were covering with 500lbs. Hellofa Job!!

Tell Buck Cheatam I filmed his whole roll, if he'd like to have it. After all, he did break the record! toast.gif

Bj

• 1 month later...

Last Tuesday, we (The 2004 Heaven Hill Barrel Rolling Team) got a special invitation to have lunch with Max, at DJ's Bar and Grill...

Max brought some of the "other" chief's with him. I felt honored and was treated as well. Max, sincerely thanked us for practicing so hard and making him proud grin.gif He specifically put emphasis on how much he really, really appreciated that we represented his company. Now let me tell ya...when the chief says that to ya...Well, it was a real good feeling grin.gif Made me want to try out for the team again next year grin.gif

I do like the perks that go with being on this team, that dinner being one of them and a day off with pay another (of many)...My day is already posted...The day before Thanksgiving grin.gif

This picture has someone that alot of you might not be familiar with. Steve Hobbs...Personnel, he is the man who interviewed and hired me grin.gif A very good man. I am grateful for his judgment grin.gif I am grateful he hired me grin.gif

The man by the wall is Kenny Ice, Warehouse Superintendent, Max is on the left and Steve Hobbs is on the right grin.gif

post-20-1448981172853_thumb.jpg

This one has a face that most of ya don't know, "Yet". Allan Latts, he is Max's son in law. His wife is, Kate Shapira Latts (Max's daughter) grin.gif...The next genreation so to speak...Speaking of next generation, there is the next, next generation there too grin.gif...The grandchildren are there from time to time grin.gif...

One of the cutest things I've seen (at work) was seeing this little "toy" baby grand piano on the work bench...It was tore all to hell...Max, brought it into the shop and asked maitenance to fix it, for his grandson...I tell ya, that just melted my heart grin.gif...Here he is running a mulit-million dollar corporation and takes the time to have a toy fixed for a grandchild grin.gif

From left to right...Jody Filiatreau, Warehouse Supervisor, Allan Latts, Ashley Mattingly, Paula Clark (Women's Individual World Champion) grin.gif

post-20-1448981172886_thumb.jpg

Pictured from left to right, Chuck Jones, Jeremy Rogers, and Buck Cheatham grin.gif...

Chuck and Buck work at the warehouses, in Bernheim. We heard some of the fellas, at the distillery wanted to join in...We had a good suspicion that Buck was going to win it all grin.gif He scored in the negatives right off the bat grin.gif

Buck won the Men's individual World Champion title, with a score of negative 15 grin.gif...A record time for the Kentucky Bourbon Festival's Barrel Rolling Relay grin.gif.

post-20-14489811729165_thumb.jpg

Ashley Mattingly and Paula Clark (againast the wall) Martha Hall and David Hobbs (Vice President,HH)

You can see a little bitty baby in the far left corner. Her name is Hailey...She will probably be on the 2018 Barrel Rolling Team grin.gif. She is Brandi's neice. Brandi, was a temporary "babysitter" until her brother could find permanent babysitter...Soooooooooooo, Hailey practiced with us 3 days a week for two months grin.gifgrin.gif

post-20-14489811729789_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.