JTS BROWN

HondoJohn
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

JTS Brown has been my bourbon of choice for some 30 years! Where can I locate any historical data on this fine bourbon?

I just found this forum and read a number of articles but I have a long way to go. I am most impressed with the discussions and those folks that are close to the industry I am very appreciative for the information/anecdotes you have shared.

Best regards,

Ol' John.... deadhorse.gif

Ol' John,

Have you used the Search function in your pursuit of information?

If you search on "JTS Brown", All Forums, All Posts, you will get enough hits to keep you busy for a day or so. Some posts may be a bit off target ("Yes, but what whiskey did Minnesota Fats drink?"), but you'll find some relevant facts and opinions, as well.

If I were ever to have a pool table in my home, I would definitely have a small bar nearby, stocked with J.T.S. Brown. grin.gif

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Here's a short answer. John Thompson Street Brown was the half-brother of George Garvin Brown, founder of Brown-Forman. Like GG, JTS started out as a wholesaler. It was his five sons who made the JTS Brown brand famous. They made it at what is now the Four Roses Distillery in Lawrenceburg. After Prohibition, the distillery came back briefly run by Creel Brown, Jr., a grandson of JTS. The plant and brand were sold to Seagrams during WWII. Seagrams later sold the brand to Heaven Hill, where it remains to this day.

On a personal note, my only small success as a songwriter many, many years ago was with a song I wrote for a band in Columbus, Ohio. The name of the band: J.T.S. Brown.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.