BT close call!

empire
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I finally managed to get my BT after much searching and I couldn't get home quick enough, I opened it straightaway and couldn't believe how nice it was, nice and mellow with what tasted to me like a hint of a flower like taste, reminded me of juniper berries. Much to my horror the next day I was covered a rash which kept getting worse over the next few days! I went on holiday to the coast for a few days and it still didn't clear, so I decided to go to the doctor and find out what I had, "that's an allergic reaction sir" he said. I couldn't believe it, after all that hunting for it, the stuff was making me ill!! I could have cried. Anyway, cut a long story short, I went to another doctor a few days later (not liking what the other doctor said!) and he told me I had pityriasis (harmless rash, that takes a few weeks to clear) I could have kissed the man, I was so pleased I poured myself a large glass the minute I got home! A close call indeed.

Well, if it gets worse, or happens again, after a drink, then you'll know doctor number one was on to something.

Someone recently was asking about corn whiskey for such a reason.

Assuming it is indeed pityriasis rosea, thank goodness you found a clinician who made the correct diagnosis.

The first doctor didn't suggest explicitly that it was a BT allergy, did s/he? If so, he/she needs a bourbon education. If you had never shown an allergic response to corn, barley, wheat/rye (ie bourbon grains) or any other bourbon before, BT would have clearly been an innocent bystander, even if an allergic reaction were the case.

Thank goodness a tragedy was averted! grin.gif

To be fair to the doctor, he didn't suggest directly that it was the BT, he just suggested that something I had different in the last day or two had caused it, I made the assumption myself, but it's not an allergic reaction. Only problem is the itching is driving me mad!

Glad you got your BT and liked it toast.gif

Unfortunately it will probably be the thin end of the wedge re American whisky mania.

Well if BT is that good how good must Eagle Rare 17YO be ?? etc.etc.

I'm currently out of BT and may have to take immediate action.

Cheers,

Bamber.

BT allergy - can you imagine blush.gif

Cant wait to try Eagle Rare etc, but just doing one bottle at a time at the moment, until I find my favourite. WT is great, and I think I will try Bulleit next.

Be careful or the bourbon bug will bite. I started out just like you a little over a year ago and now have 73 different bottlings in my bunker. The problem is that they're like children, you spend more time with some than with others, but you find yourself feeling that you love them all equally. That and the really empty feeling when they've given you all they have to give and then leave the nest just when you're really getting to know them. smilielol.giftoast.gif

LOL! I like the description gr8erdane. One bottle at a time is the plan anyway, but the more I read on here the more tempting it is to get lots!

Its those sly monkeys on the web that get you. Same postage, no matter how many bottles. Well just order 4 bottles every 6 weeks say ....

Oooh look they've got Weller 19YO ...

hmm - but I just spent £100.

But they're not making it anymore. Once its gone its gone for good.

Oh go on then.

Later in Sainsbury's.

That Weller was real expensive. What I need is an everyday pour to stop it going too quick.

Ok 1 bottle WT 101 and a bottle of BT.

At home - I so love this WT. Wonder what the 12YO is like.

grin.gifgrin.gif

Cheers,

B.

I know what you are syaing there, but i don't think my wife would too pleased with me if I started bringing that amount of bourbon back, she's happy if I have one or two, but I have to play it safe....otherwise the nagging begins. "We can't afford that!" etc.

It's not worth losing the peace at home but at the same time she'll come along as it goes on. Mine did.I'll never forget the day she helped carry 8 bottles of Stagg in! lol.gif

It's not worth losing the peace at home but at the same time she'll come along as it goes on. Mine did.I'll never forget the day she helped carry 8 bottles of Stagg in! lol.gif

... 8 bottles of Stagg, what a lovely thought smile.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.