Rebel Yell: Great Website

Dave_in_Canada
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Rebel Yell Website

You may or may not like the whiskey, but take the time to check out the great graphics and style to this website. Of particular interest (especially to newbies) is their section on process. (click on the link "making").

Plus they have a personalized neck label order program.

Enjoy toast.gif

Very cool Flash animation in the process section, but I noticed three obvious mistakes. First distillation is in a column still, not a pot still; there is no wort in bourbon-making; and the water used to dilute bourbon for bottling is demineralized, not dematerialized.

Although dematerialized water would be a neat trick.

and the water used to dilute bourbon for bottling is demineralized, not dematerialized.

You mean they don't 'beam out' startrek-08.gif the impurities? smilielol.gif

Ya ya, there are lots of other mistakes.. be sure not to read some of their whiskey definitions (see "Small Batch" and "Straight", but in terms of graphics, etc. I thought it was well done. Hey, why don't we make a list and we can see if they'll do anything about it? lol.gif

Well, considering that Rebel Yell belongs to David Sherman Corp., and they don't distill it, it's perhaps not that surprising they don't get the distilling details right. (Not an excuse, certainly, but not a surprise either.)

The website is very nice and a website that good isn't cheap. What I find interesting is that they seemingly are investing a lot more in Rebel Yell than they are in their other major bourbon brand, Ezra Brooks.

In addition to those two they have a lot of cats and dogs: Yellowstone, Bourbon Supreme, David Nicholson, Governor's Club, Davies County, Haskell's, Reuben's, E. H. Schnuck's, and others.

I think it is interesting that they use the W.L.Weller heritage so freely. I would think that BT would have something to say about that, but then again, maybe they are making the wheated bourbon for the brand...

Mike Veach

I did notice that they mention that Rebel Yell is distilled in Louisville at the "Bernheim Distillery" not the "Heaven Hill Distillery", obviously.

Julian,

I missed the Bernheim distillery part. I still have to wonder why BT let them use the Weller history so freely, unless they figure it also helping Weller sales.

Mike Veach

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.