Tastes Change Day To Day?

Vision
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone else find a particular bourbon fantastic one night or most of the time, but mediocre another night?

Example: I was drinking RYell on the rocks tonight, which usually gives me a rich maple taste I love when a litte ice melts. But that didn't happen tonight, so I poured it out and am enjoying WT101 now.

Why is that?

I can't give you a "why", but I can certainly relate to your experience. See here.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Same here. Sometimes my "taster" is just more "on" than at other times. Also, what I ate previously in the day has an effect. For instance, if I eat something with raw onions in it, even hours later it negatively affects my tasting ability.

actually tonight is a "perfect" example. Right now I am sampling a little Benchmark...the last time I had it a few months ago I didn't really enjoy it. Tonight I really like it...not sure why...same bottle even.

The other day I was sampling from the bunker and everything tasted dry and bitter. What the %^&*? I finally realized I had seared my tongue on some melted cheese and the sweet buds were all dead. I thought it might be time to end it all, but fortunately I recovered.

Now everything seems a little on the sweet side. Is this some type of overcompensation that my brain has taken?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.