Bourbon Apple Pie

2002bolt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was at my moms house today and she was making an apple pie, i told her she should add some bourbon to it, so we added some eagle rare 17yr, boy that thing tasted good. Anyone else added some bourbon to their apple pies.

I use some in my pecan pies (something I highly recommend), but I've never thought to try it in an apple pie. I'll have to try to remember that!

Le Nell, it was very nice meeting you and Ben. Your rum cake was extremely good. I don't think I mentioned that I have a 9 rum Caribbean blend going. It is composed of a rich Demerara long aged in Edinburgh, Scotland, a golden Barbadian rum (Mount Gay), two Cuban rums (a 3 year old and 8 year old Havana Club), one rum imported by Newfoundland Liquor Corporation from, I believe, Demerara again, the deep black Gosling from Bermuda and some 21 and 23 year old Jamaican pot still rum. It is champion and actually better than any bourbon or whiskey blend I have devised to date. I call it Caribbean Party.

Gary

Well, that's right Ed, and I'll have to be satisfied with the rum (ahem) version, having missed in B'town Dane's Bourbon-stein mixture. Dane, I dub you an honourary Stein. smile.gif

Gary

And the scary part is that I plan on bringing it back to every Gazebo shindig til it's gone. Chuck, you shoulda poured it out when you had a chance. smilielol.gif

Who said, "life is too short to drink lousy bourbon"?

I'm pretty sure I heard Chuck Cowdery say it once or twice recentlylol.gif. The rose bushes sampled some Old Charter BIB, too, as I recall.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.